2023 - Total Control Mock Draft MEDIA Outlets

Ghostnote

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I get the contract. It's easy and good.  I just personally believe Dillard would struggle similarly. 

It’s possible.  I thing he’s worth the swing though.  He has first round pedigree and didn’t really get a chance to get his job back after that other guy took it and ran with it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I like what Houston did.

Good job too @MKnight82. I'm not high on Dillard like you, but that's an easy contract. 

Essentially, Houston has two back up QB's on the roster. Jimmy G and Davis Mills. I would have to say that is a rich contract for Jimmy G especially after coming off injury and being the back up to a rookie in Trey Lance. 

Whatever Mr. Model - 

nf-iRj.gif

16 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Essentially, Houston has two back up QB's on the roster. Jimmy G and Davis Mills. I would have to say that is a rich contract for Jimmy G especially after coming off injury and being the back up to a rookie in Trey Lance. 

Whatever Mr. Model - 

nf-iRj.gif

I hear you, but how many active QBs have played in the SB or been on a SB winning team?

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm interested to see what Andre Dillard becomes. I don't know if he struggled or if Jordan Mailata was just that good and kept him on the bench or both?

After his rookie year and his sophomore year that never happened by injury, every time he had to play, he held his own.

Ya the thing too in Washington, if he struggles at LT we also could use him at Guard.  He couldn't really do that either for the Eagles. Washington's entire Oline is crap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jch1911 said:

I hear you, but how many active QBs have played in the SB or been on a SB winning team?

Coming from this side of the news, I have to say, do you believe the Texans to be in position to actually make a run at the Superbowl in 2023? New head coach, with solid buy in and a team built for winning, 2-3 years, but realistically, are the Texans actually a superbowl contender? 

The team to beat in your division might just be the Colts or the Titans. From what I have seen so far is, that the Texans are not willing to accept that the team is going to need a few years to clearly establish itself as the perennial contender from the AFC South it once was. 

I just see a rich contract for a 31 veteran whom has yet to play a true season and seems to be either a glorified back up or a product of a system. Either way, he is a very rich man right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Coming from this side of the news, I have to say, do you believe the Texans to be in position to actually make a run at the Superbowl in 2023? New head coach, with solid buy in and a team built for winning, 2-3 years, but realistically, are the Texans actually a superbowl contender? 

The team to beat in your division might just be the Colts or the Titans. From what I have seen so far is, that the Texans are not willing to accept that the team is going to need a few years to clearly establish itself as the perennial contender from the AFC South it once was. 

I just see a rich contract for a 31 veteran whom has yet to play a true season and seems to be either a glorified back up or a product of a system. Either way, he is a very rich man right now. 

At least they didn't burn premium picks for "nah" qb.

1 minute ago, Ghostnote said:

Super Bowl? No... playoffs?  hopefully

Jimmy G... played two full seasons as a starter in (drum roll) odd-numbered seasons. (2019 - 16/16; 2021 - 15/15)

IRL he probably gets 2 years, $45M ($15M Gtd in 1st year)... we signed for $11M in 2023.

Also, the fact that Texans barely outbid Pats for Jimmy G's services speaks volumes IMHO.

Lots of great QB prospects next year and we will have the draft capital to move up if need be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

At least they didn't burn premium picks for "nah" qb.

It all depends if your close, or rebuilding. 

Levis is my only top QB in this draft, and I don't like the Alabama or Ohio State QB's. And Anthony Richardson is boom or bust. So yeah, I get the love for Jimmy G, but the contract seems a bit desperate.