? GDT - Saints @ Rams - No Excuses Edition - 4:25pm EST

Dome

5 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

We got dominated. This is a good thing and a bad thing.

Not really. We had a tough game but all things considered, it wasn't that bad. If we just stick to our usual gameplan that Sean Payton doesn't like much lately, and get our CBs back, we'll be fine. Haters can say what they want right now about us being frauds and Drew is a stat padder, but if this is what we look like at our worst, they better really get ready.

1 minute ago, NS922 said:

Not really. We had a tough game but all things considered, it wasn't that bad. If we just stick to our usual gameplan that Sean Payton doesn't like much lately, and get our CBs back, we'll be fine. Haters can say what they want right now about us being frauds and Drew is a stat padder, but if this is what we look like at our worst, they better really get ready.

Any person who thinks y'all are frauds is an idiot.

5 minutes ago, NS922 said:

When we ran the ball, aside from Kamara's breakaway run, we didn't get much. We didn't create any separation in man go man coverage. We had poor offensive line play the entire game. Brees should've had 4 interceptions and made a lot of poor throws. Defensively had no pressure outside of Jordan and Rankins (once). I know our corners were out, but the Rams destroyed us with play action. We looked lost at times in coverage.

Looking at just the score and not everything else you would think it was a hard fought game, but we got dominated in a lot of areas of the game.

Just now, JMG5 said:

When we ran the ball, aside from Kamara's breakaway run, we didn't get much. We didn't create any separation in man go man coverage. We had poor offensive line play the entire game. Brees should've had 4 interceptions and made a lot of poor throws. Defensively had no pressure outside of Jordan and Rankins (once). I know our corners were our, but the Rams destroyed us with play action. We looked lost at times in coverage.

Looking at just the score and not everything else you would think it was a hard fought game, but we got dominated in a lot of areas of the game.

It really showcases the difference Lattimore and Crawley make. When they play together the Saints are a shut down defense, when either/both is out it becomes the Saints defense of old.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

It really showcases the difference Lattimore and Crawley make. When they play together the Saints are a shut down defense, when either/both is out it becomes the Saints defense of old.

We didn't lose because of defense. We lost because we couldn't beat man to man coverage and block. The defense held them to 26 points. The game shouldn't have been as close as it was. We had so many breaks.

Our defense down Lattimore, Crawley and Okafor, with Vaccaro coming back rusty from a groin injury and we still held the Rams to less than their season average. Nobody can complain  about that.

This L is on the offense, mostly on Payton. Im with @navysaintsfan .... I’m fine ditching Payton still. Hand this young talented team off to a new coach and watch the magic happen. It’ll never happen.

Should be a great rematch and I like our odds if we’re healthy.

Just now, JMG5 said:

We didn't lose because of defense. We lost because we couldn't beat man to man coverage and block. The defense held them to 26 points. The game shouldn't have been as close as it was. We had so many breaks.

Disagree. Offense had what, 18 less plays in the first half than the Rams? Thats them having long, extended drives against a poor defense.

Loss isn't on the defense, but the Saints offense has the ball a lot more when the defense is playing well.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Lattimore's impact to our secondary rivals that of Jordan's impact to our front 7... But our offense (outside of Kamara) failed to show up today.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Disagree. Offense had what, 18 less plays in the first half than the Rams? Thats them having long, extended drives against a poor defense.

Loss isn't on the defense, but the Saints offense has the ball a lot more when the defense is playing well.

But what was our offense's efficiency on 3rd down in the 1st half?

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

But what was our offense's efficiency on 3rd down in the 1st half?

Like I said, the loss isn't completely on the defense but this just shows how important Lattimore/Crawley are. Saints are at their best when the defense is playing well and they can really go run heavy, they were down for the entire game today and went pass heavy.

Brees is on a sharp decline, which is really sad to see. Guys arm strength is just non-existent, I can't believe how many passes I've seen him under throw this year. Saints have to draft a QB high this year IMO.

5 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Our defense down Lattimore, Crawley and Okafor, with Vaccaro coming back rusty from a groin injury and we still held the Rams to less than their season average. Nobody can complain  about that.

This L is on the offense, mostly on Payton. Im with @navysaintsfan .... I’m fine ditching Payton still. Hand this young talented team off to a new coach and watch the magic happen. It’ll never happen.

Should be a great rematch and I like our odds if we’re healthy.

I'm livid. How the hell does Kamara end this game with only FIVE CARRIES? The defense had zero answer all game, after halftime it should have been "Kamara Day". Payton is a fool.

Archived