What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Just now, Broncofan said:

Moore is in the last year of his rookie deal.   He isn’t going to be seen as this big return value wise.   Not his fault but the Jets keeping him on ice depresses his market value a ton.  

The team that owns rookie deal players with talent but unproven NFL production always overvalues their own guy’s worth vs.  other teams.   DEN fans do the same with KJ Hamler.  

I think it’s a given there’s a first rd pick.   Its fair to wonder if the Jets are trying to keep it as a 2024 1st plus a conditional pick (not a 1st more like 3rd) vs. GB asking for 1.13 plus a conditional pick (like a 2025 3rd or A-Rod is on week 1 2024 53-man roster). 

Moore still has two years left on his rookie deal. 

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

GB is leaking all this because they have no leverage.  I'd want that too but they aren't getting it.  

They can literally just sit on their hands until September and force Rodgers to show up or retire. They have a good amount of leverage. 

If a deal isn't done the Packers lose out on probably a 2nd (less than what they want) but save $9M in cap space and continue on with their plan to roll with Love. The Jets on the other hand are basically screwed and have to roll with Zach WIlson which also probably means Salah and Douglas are getting fired sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You can't believe how savvy of a business move that was you mean? I agree.

Savy?  Any little leverage they had is gone.  Its only the Jets no other teams to drive up the price.  The illusion of multiple teams was the only leverage they had.  The team president came out and said they are moving on.  Any chance of getting a 1 is gone.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Savy?  Any little leverage they had is gone.  Its only the Jets no other teams to drive up the price.  The illusion of multiple teams was the only leverage they had.  The team president came out and said they are moving on.  Any chance of getting a 1 is gone.

Lol. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They can literally just sit on their hands until September and force Rodgers to show up or retire. They have a good amount of leverage. 

If a deal isn't done the Packers lose out on probably a 2nd (less than what they want) but save $9M in cap space and continue on with their plan to roll with Love. The Jets on the other hand are basically screwed and have to roll with Zach WIlson which also probably means Salah and Douglas are getting fired sooner rather than later. 

As much as that's true everyone knows GB doesn't want that.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

As much as that's true everyone knows GB doesn't want that.

Even if it's not what they want I don't see them caving in and giving Rodgers away for pennies on the dollar. I'd just tell him play here or retire if no one is willing to trade for you.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even if it's not what they want I don't see them caving in and giving Rodgers away for pennies on the dollar. I'd just tell him play here or retire if no one is willing to trade for you.

They handed the keys to Love already.  They aren't paying Rodgers 60M to sit on the bench.  It's over.  Why hinder your young QB and piss off your all time HOF QB out of spite.  Take what you can get and move on.  They'll do what they can to make NY sweat but everyone knows they'll move him eventually.

Edited by Rockice_8

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The team that owns rookie deal players with talent but unproven NFL production always overvalues their own guy’s worth vs.  other teams.   DEN fans do the same with KJ Hamler

At least 49er fans know Javon Kinlaw is worthless

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

They handed the keys to Love already.  They aren't paying Rodgers 60M to sit on the bench.  It's over.  Why hinder your young QB and piss off your all time HOF QB out of spite.  Take what you can get and move on.  They'll do what they can to make NY sweat but everyone knows they'll move him eventually.

Why eat $40M in dead cap while trading away a top 5 QB if you're not getting fair value?

10 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Joe Douglas has not shown as a GM that he is reckless or crazy when it comes to trading. He usually comes out on top. 

The Packers are not realistically going to hold Aaron Rodgers hostage over unrealistic expectations of compensation, they already told him they want to move on and he wants to move on. If the Packers really cared about compensation so much, they wouldn't have wanted to move on from Rodgers in the first place. This would be bad business practice. 

Joe Douglas has one home-run trade as a GM (Jamaal Adams trade) and a bunch of singles.  Stop acting like he's this god amongst men GMs.