What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I'm sure Aaron is thinking "well, maybe I'll play, but only if I screw over my new team to benefit my old team that I don't like very much."

If I was the Jets, and the Packers tried to present that as actual leverage, I'd laugh in their face.

Why would the Packers agree to let the Jets talk to Rodgers without a trade package in place?

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The battle we've all been waiting for...

Aaron Rodgers' ego vs Aaron Rodgers' vindictiveness. 

Ego will win. Always. 

But I don't get the feeling there's bad blood. It really seems like the FO is like "Aaron, what do you want to do? We're going to maximize our return within workable solutions"

Everything this off-season just seems like rational business from both sides.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Aaron's too sensitive to go through the fan pushback that Brett did. The guy can't handle watching flocks of fans burn his jersey. He can't even handle a fan saying that he looks shorter than they expected in person. He's going to make this as cordial as possible so that he can come back to GB after he retires and fill Lambeau with his retirement party being treated like the King of Wisconsin.

He's been treated like the King of Wisconsin for the past 15 years without giving a crap about the fans back. You don't have anything else to offer him, and he knows it.

That's why he was a Walking Wife last year. He doesn't care about the team or the fans. He's made it clear, and that's why fans have always been at arms length.

He's not going to come back in 5 years and pretend everything was hunky-dory on a reunion tour. He didn't like you, he got what he could out of you, he's gone.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would the Packers agree to let the Jets talk to Rodgers without a trade package in place?

This was my thought the moment it came out, there is at least parameters of a trade in place, if not fully hammered out terms.  It can't become official until the new league year begins, so expect Aaron to break the news himself on his next McAfee hit on Tues probably.

Just now, CWood21 said:

And the alternative for them is what exactly?

Draft a replacement franchise QB.

The Packers have no other option. He's not someone you can cut, he doesn't want to be there. and he's good/highly paid/generally toxic enough that he'll **** your season up if you keep him. You have no options, and you know that, which is why you keep trying to pretend like this is both sides with no leverage instead of one side with no leverage.

32 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I'm sure Aaron is thinking "well, maybe I'll play, but only if I screw over my new team to benefit my old team that I don't like very much."

If I was the Jets, and the Packers tried to present that as actual leverage, I'd laugh in their face.

You obviously have never met Aaron Rodgers and went on a romantic catamaran  under a Caribbean sunset with him, like others in here have

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Draft a replacement franchise QB.

The Packers have no other option. He's not someone you can cut, he doesn't want to be there. and he's good/highly paid/generally toxic enough that he'll **** your season up if you keep him. You have no options, and you know that, which is why you keep trying to pretend like this is both sides with no leverage instead of one side with no leverage.

You mean, the same team that hasn't successfully drafted a starting QB since Chad Pennington?  Or the fact that the Jets would have to give up a Trey Lance-esque package to move to select a QB.  The Jets are stuck between a rock and a hard place unless you think Jimmy G can manage to do something in New York that he couldn't do in San Francisco.  Carr was their safety net, and if he were still available I would agree that the Jets would have leverage there.  But he signed with New Orleans and they're out on Lamar Jackson, their options are either trade for Aaron Roders or sign a stopgap QB and hope that they have a good enough supporting cast to get them into the playoffs.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You mean, the same team that hasn't successfully drafted a starting QB since Chad Pennington?

Correct. Turns out, there is no limit on the number of QBs you can pick. Wild huh.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

their options are either trade for Aaron Roders or sign a stopgap QB and hope that they have a good enough supporting cast to get them into the playoffs.

The operative word is "or".

Here are the Packers options:

1. Trade Aaron Rodgers
  2. End of list

Now, who has the leverage?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Correct. Turns out, there is no limit on the number of QBs you can pick. Wild huh.

The operative word is "or".

Here are the Packers options:

1. Trade Aaron Rodgers
  2. End of list

Now, who has the leverage?

Or retire.  Which if you believe Jets' fans is the only other option.  If the options are to trade Rodgers for peanuts or have Rodgers retire, the Packers' FO probably prefers the latter tbh.

And when they draft yet another bust of a QB again, their young core is expensive and they lack flexibility to get a franchise QB.