What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

At a certain level, I get it. It's a 15 year relationship and no one likes to feel replaced. But yeah nobody else is gonna care.

I went through a Tom Brady divorce. I have no sympathy…

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

See the last 2hrs of this thread. Apparently Rodgers ego is so big that he will not allow trade to go through for just 2 day 2 picks. Apparently he’d rather retire.

Only if Green Bay allows him to, apparently 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The leaps in imagination for you to believe: 

A) Green Bay decides Rodgers’ retirement 

B) Rodgers wants his new team to make their team worse just cuz

Is astounding, lol. But then we get “what packers fans??? Everyone in here only expects the bare minimum” and “if you disagree, you don’t know Rodgers”

Obviously Rodgers alone decides if he will retire. But nobody (especially him) thinks that's an actual option this off-season. It's just silly to entertain it as a legitimate option.

I also think the narrative about him tanking a deal because the return isn't enough to satisfy his ego is silly. That's as equally nonsensical and unlikely as him retiring.

Neither idea is worth the pixels they light up on readers screens.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You obviously have never met Aaron Rodgers and went on a romantic catamaran  under a Caribbean sunset with him, like others in here have

How he all thought it would go:

24773d7bf0b4fba338b18c979227db55.jpg

How it's going:

tropic-thunder.gif

Spoiler

He IS the darkness now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Obviously Rodgers alone decides if he will retire. But nobody (especially him) thinks that's an actual option this off-season. It's just silly to entertain it as a legitimate option.

I also think the narrative about him tanking a deal because the return isn't enough to satisfy his ego is silly. That's as equally nonsensical and unlikely as him retiring.

Neither idea is worth the pixels they light up on readers screens.

If I were betting on it, I’d agree, and I’d think Rodgers knows he wants to go to NY but is enjoying all this attention he’s getting. So he’s dragging it out.

But you think it’s all the way laughable that he was/is entertaining retirement? Why do you feel that? Actually curious. 

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

But you think it’s all the way laughable that he was/is entertaining retirement? Why do you feel that? Actually curious. 

I'll answer that in saying that he's still playing well, healthy and seems in great shape for football, it still looks easy to him and that he could win a championship with the right fit, and he has huge money coming to him for playing. I only see the retirement thing as a leverage move at this point, though he might only play maybe two more seasons (and a lot can happen in two seasons with father time). 

I think he wants to play to 45 if his health and talent don't fall off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If I were betting on it, I’d agree, and I’d think Rodgers knows he wants to go to NY but is enjoying all this attention he’s getting. So he’s dragging it out.

Because he has literally over a hundred million reasons not to. He can essentially make 30% of his entire career earnings for playing 2 more years. There's absolutely no way he permanently retires for that alone. 

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'll answer that in saying that he's still playing well, healthy and seems in great shape for football, it still looks easy to him and that he could win a championship with the right fit, and he has huge money coming to him for playing. I only see the retirement thing as a leverage move at this point, though he might only play maybe two more seasons (and a lot can happen in two seasons with father time). 

I think he wants to play to 45 if his health and talent don't fall off.

All fair points. 

I just don’t know what motivates Rodgers, though. I don’t think anyone actually knows but I don’t even have a clue, tbh. Money, obviously, to an extent, same as everyone (some more than others). I never really viewed Rodgers as a “football head”, but it’d be silly to say he doesn’t care about the game at all. I think he’s always liked his fame/attention/credit, which is a part of his ego. Is it another Lombardi? An MVP? Just the money? Respect? I don’t know what he wants, lol. 

• Like 1

I mean, I've heard of the other way around. When Kevin Durant, Brooklyn, and Golden State were negotiating his S&T, he made sure Golden State also sent a 1st round pick with him to Brooklyn.

But demanding a new team give up more for him? That's unprecedented. I guess not impossible, but that would take an ego so massive...but we are talking about Aaron Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Because he has literally over a hundred million reasons not to. He can essentially make 30% of his entire career earnings for playing 2 more years. There's absolutely no way he permanently retires for that alone. 

So you think it’s virtually guaranteed Rodgers plays because of the value of his contract? 

That’s interesting. I’d highlight that Brady is going to make more money broadcasting than he ever has in football. Rodgers probably isn’t getting that exact deal, but there’s money out there if he doesn’t want to play anymore. If it’s only about money, football isn’t the only option. Maybe the best one, by a little, but not necessarily the only one.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

So you think it’s virtually guaranteed Rodgers plays because of the value of his contract? 

That’s interesting. I’d highlight that Brady is going to make more money broadcasting than he ever has in football. Rodgers probably isn’t getting that exact deal, but there’s money out there if he doesn’t want to play anymore. If it’s only about money, football isn’t the only option. Maybe the best one, by a little, but not necessarily the only one.

Rodgers has said numerous times that he's done with football when he's done playing. Don't see him ever getting in the booth nor coaching. He's got a ton of unnamed business ventures that he'd probably just dive head-on into. Not sure money is going to deter him from retirement more than sharing the podium with Tom Brady would. Rodgers is a weird friggin' dude so who the hell knows. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think the money by itself makes retirement a non-starter. 

But I also think that regardless of his money, the guy isn't close to done playing football. I'd bet anyone he's more likely to play 4 more years than none.

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

All fair points. 

I just don’t know what motivates Rodgers, though. I don’t think anyone actually knows but I don’t even have a clue, tbh. Money, obviously, to an extent, same as everyone (some more than others). I never really viewed Rodgers as a “football head”, but it’d be silly to say he doesn’t care about the game at all.

He is an enigma, always has been. How many elite Cal QBs have their been? It's a different kind of school. He speaks thoughtfully. He is very high IQ, not just "high IQ for football". He is misunderstood by the general populous. Folks make fun of him because they literally can't understand him so project insecurities onto his "they zing so I zag" ways. 

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think he’s always liked his fame/attention/credit, which is a part of his ego. Is it another Lombardi? An MVP? Just the money? Respect? I don’t know what he wants, lol. 

I think it's all those things. I think he in a way feels like an outsider, has an imposter syndrome in football which he's battled with throughout the years. I think all the family stuff has played out in his football life as well, that he likely has trust issues and has created a bit of a "too cool for school" persona as a means of self-protection.

But that hyperintellectual mask also has developed over many years. It is substantial. I think he's become aware of that, how it's affected his life and relationships and that's why he's gotten into all this stuff with Ayahuasca, darkness retreats etc. It's as real as real gets and folks who are truly attempting to degrade his choices (and not just poke a little fun for teh lulz) are just afraid themselves. 

TL;DR like us all, Aaron has some insecurities he's working through.

Edited by NudeTayne