What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

And the only team trading for him is.... the Jets.

What you are saying is true, but the Packers need the Jets in this deal just as much.

The Packers don't have to trade him though, his option bonus can be delayed until September. There's also a chance another team could get involved after an injury or another unforeseen circumstance. If the Jets had the leverage a deal would already be done.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Packers don't have to trade him though, his option bonus can be delayed until September. There's also a chance another team could get involved after an injury or another unforeseen circumstance. If the Jets had the leverage a deal would already be done.

If Rodgers has picked NY he is playing in NY. The Packers can't trade him to just any team because he can just say he will retire if another team trades for him.

The Packers will not play chicken on this deal into training camp. It won't happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It will be. But that’s where this is headed. Both teams have dug in. Neither side sill blink. So the trade will either take place before the draft or before the bonus payment.

After watching that interview, I’ll wait. Training camp isnt until July and Rodgers already knows the playbook.

But only one of your receivers know the hand signals.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

GBs FO is feeling REALLY good and secure right now. They love their next QB and have really secure jobs.

They own the rights to an asset they know the Jets desperately want. And they have all the time in the world to sit on it and wait. 

We can wait and see if a starter gets hurt in camp and suddenly there's another suitor.

Still shaking my head at the "understanding" of actual leverage in this whole situation. 

The Packers bet Aaron wouldn't actually retire. A really safe gamble. The second he decided he wants to keep playing, the Packers have all the leverage.

Just wait and see. 

Just saw that Andrew saw exactly what I did:

Any asset whether it be bitcoin, a car, or an NFL player is worth what someone will pay for it. Unfortunately for the packers they only have one suitor so once again they can get nothing or take what they can get. At this point Aaron Rodgers is what would be known in business terms as a sunk cost for Green Bay.

Maybe Packers fans live in a world where nothing is better than something but most of us live on earth where that is not the case.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If Rodgers has picked NY he is playing in NY. The Packers can't trade him to just any team because he can just say he will retire if another team trades for him.

The Packers will not play chicken on this deal into training camp. It won't happen.

I don't think Rodgers can "pick" another team if the Jets are the only one that's shown interest in trading for him. I think a lot of teams were scared off by the potential to end up in this exact situation. At the end of the day the Jets basically have to get a deal done, if Rodgers has to return to Green Bay it's not the end of the world for them.

What’re the numbers for the Jets again?

GB can sit on their hands and tie up whatever money Rodgers is going to cost. He already cost them money on Lazard, lol (I know it’ll be a wash with Corey Davis)

Edited by Yin-Yang

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

What’re the numbers for the Jets again?

GB can sit on their hands and tie up whatever money Rodgers is going to cost. He already cost them money on Lazard, lol.

I believe Rodgers will have a $15M cap hit in 2023 and a $34M cap hit in 2024.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Rodgers can "pick" another team if the Jets are the only one that's shown interest in trading for him. I think a lot of teams were scared off by the potential to end up in this exact situation. At the end of the day the Jets basically have to get a deal done, if Rodgers has to return to Green Bay it's not the end of the world for them.

That's just an ignorant take. They have the opportunity to get draft picks and surround Jordan Love with talent but would rather be stubborn and get nothing?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Once again, it goes both ways. The Jets do have to get a deal done.... but now so does GB. The Pack are not going to pay Aaron Rodgers to backup Love.

Sure the Pack can stall it out, but they aren't going to stall this out deep into the summer. It just won't happen.

Just now, Greene N White said:

That's just an ignorant take. They have the opportunity to get draft picks and surround Jordan Love with talent but would rather be stubborn and get nothing?

Apparently the Jets aren't willing to give them the picks that they want. I think the Jets need to acquire Rodgers more than the Packers need to trade him, to be honest.

• Like 2