What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Kind of crappy that Rodgers isn't getting the same treatment on his way out that Brady and Manning did who both got to choose their next destination.

Self inflicted 

Dude’s a diva

• Like 2

I think the crazy part is the Favre situation there were other teams involved and the pick was still a conditional 4th that ended up being a 2nd. This time around it's quite literally just the Jets. Rodgers is better IMO but the situation really isn't too far off.

Why would Aaron Rodgers be worth 2 first round picks at age 40 when Favre got a conditional 4th?

Edited by Greene N White

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I think the crazy part is the Favre situation there were other teams involved and the pick was still a conditional 4th that ended up being a 2nd. This time around it's quite literally just the Jets. Rodgers is better IMO but the situation really isn't too far off.

Why would Aaron Rodgers be worth 2 first round picks at age 40 when Favre got a conditional 4th?

Why are the Jets so desperate to land him if he's not worth that much?

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Cuz he's a year removed from winning back to back MVP's?

I mean, if you are really a QB away from it all, you go all in and make the trade.  Give up the picks already.  

If you think you are more than a QB away from it, then you balk at the picks.  But you shouldn't, because if you lose big next year and don't have a real QB, again, your HC and GM are likely looking for new jobs, so they won't be using those picks anyway.

The reality is this....Rodgers is worth likely a second round pick this year and a third next year.  Unless he chooses to play next year, then that should be a second as well.

If you would like to throw in a WR, because you got Lazard and are now also going to get Cobb (Rodgers will demand that), then throw us Moore.  Not Davis, we cannot take him under the cap.  And not Mims, because he's bad.

And if you want us to eat more of the contract, then you gotta go up on your draft picks.  I'd say next year is a second, or first if he plays...if GB eats more of that deal.  Along with the second this year.

That seems fair.  Two scenarios, each dependent on how much of the contract GB eats.

Just now, Greene N White said:

I get that you're bitter that he didn't wanna go to Vegas so you changed the profile pic from Rodgers in a raiders uniform to Jimmy but god damn 

I'm not bitter, I don't think Rodgers is worth two FRPs, but I think the Packers are justified in seeking at least one FRP. Considering what Stafford/Wilson both got traded for and the fact that they have to eat $40M in dead cap while the Jets only have a $15M cap hit.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Cuz he's a year removed from winning back to back MVP's?

I mean, if you are really a QB away from it all, you go all in and make the trade.  Give up the picks already.  

If you think you are more than a QB away from it, then you balk at the picks.  But you shouldn't, because if you lose big next year and don't have a real QB, again, your HC and GM are likely looking for new jobs, so they won't be using those picks anyway.

The reality is this....Rodgers is worth likely a second round pick this year and a third next year.  Unless he chooses to play next year, then that should be a second as well.

If you would like to throw in a WR, because you got Lazard and are now also going to get Cobb (Rodgers will demand that), then throw us Moore.  Not Davis, we cannot take him under the cap.  And not Mims, because he's bad.

And if you want us to eat more of the contract, then you gotta go up on your draft picks.  I'd say next year is a second, or first if he plays...if GB eats more of that deal.  Along with the second this year.

That seems fair.  Two scenarios, each dependent on how much of the contract GB eats.

The bolded is exactly what I'm preaching but you have people trying to argue that.

14 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Favre was coming off an okay season, but that was an anamoly compared to the two actually bad seasons he had prior to 07. Not like 22 Rodgers, actually just bad QB play from Favre. Rodgers prior to last year was the back to back MVP. And this was also well before anyone played well at 40. Favre was the first guy to play that well at that age, then we’ve seen Brady obviously shattered that ceiling. Brees played well late, although his arm was shot. 

They’re not that comparable. Just that they’re both QBs leaving Green Bay around the same age.

Edited by Yin-Yang

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not bitter, I don't think Rodgers is worth two FRPs, but I think the Packers are justified in seeking at least one FRP. Considering what Stafford/Wilson both got traded for and the fact that they have to eat $40M in dead cap while the Jets only have a $15M cap hit.

Russ was considered borderline elite before the trade and was 33 years old at the time.

Stafford had also just turned 33 and the reason the compensation was so high was also because Goff's contract was huge at the time. They had to give up more to get rid of that contract.

Rodgers is about to be 40 years old and was contemplating retirement. 7 years is a lifetime in the NFL. These are not really comparable situations at all. The Favre situation is the closest we've had to this.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Favre was coming off an okay season, but that was an anamoly compared to the two actually bad seasons he had prior to 07. Not like 22 Rodgers, actually just had. Rodgers prior to last year was the back to back MVP. And this was also well before anyone played well at 40. Favre was the first guy to play that well at that age, then we’ve seen Brady obviously shattered that ceiling. Brees played well late, although his arm was shot. 

They’re not that comparable. Just that they’re both QBs leaving Green Bay around the same age.

It's the best baseline we have in the past 20 or so years to this point other than maybe Peyton who the colts released but I know that contract situation was different.

Russ was considered borderline elite before the trade and was 33 years old at the time.

Stafford had also just turned 33 and the reason the compensation was so high was also because Goff's contract was huge at the time. They had to give up more to get rid of that contract.

Rodgers is about to be 40 years old and was contemplating retirement. 7 years is a lifetime in the NFL. These are not really comparable situations at all. The Favre situation is the closest we've had to this.

Russ was coming off of an injury plagued, down season though.

Rodger is a year removed from back to back MVP seasons.

It's the best baseline we have in the past 20 or so years to this point other than maybe Peyton who the colts released but I know that contract situation was different.

Favre, in an age where no one played at 40, was coming off two seasons of backup level QB play, and one season of alright play.

Rodgers, in an age where there are guys playing at 40+, is coming off two back to back MVP seasons, and one season of alright play. 

It’s different. There doesn’t just “have” to be a comparison, there could be none. And there aren’t any, not really. 

9 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

The bolded is exactly what I'm preaching but you have people trying to argue that.

Yea, I get it.  We tend to overvalue our own guys.  I try to look at it from "what is reasonable" point of view.

What I really want is to ask for 2 firsts and a second.

Then I want to counter to 1 first, a second and Moore.

Then I want to settle on Wilson, a 2023 second and a 2024 third (that bumps to a second if Rodgers plays) for Rodgers and our third round pick, 2023.

And I won't get what I want, but my guess is that we asked for the moon to try to make it look like Wilson is worth a first round pick plus....   And then we wait and see if the Jets front office is that desperate.  And the only way it works is if you finally get Rodgers OBJ to throw to.  

And I'll be the first to admit that my thought process up there lies mostly in fantasy land.