PLAYOFFS | Super Bowl LVII | 🦅 Eagles vs the Chiefs ➡️: Going for Ring #2 in the Kelce/Andy Bowl

Kiltman

SB LVII   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the outcome

• Eagles by a mil +17
    • Eagles up two scores +10
    • Late TD seals it +7
    • Ellmatic with the ice in his veins +3
    • Anything else (you will be shunned)
  2. 2. Who’s the Eagles MVP

• Jalen Hurts
    • The Batmen / Wideouts
    • The Oline
    • Hassan Reddick
    • Slay & JB
    • Sirianni & the Offensive Coaches
    • Gannon shutting down the Kingdom

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2023 at 11:30 PM

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Welp. Looks like Covey might not go LOL.

I wouldn’t say it’s a guarantee yet. They probably want to have that contingency plan. But, man… I don’t wanna see Greg Ward fair catching when there is room to run. There probably won’t be a lot of punts in this game, so I guess this isn’t really a big deal. Plus, it’s not like our returners usually have much room to do anything unless the punter just over kicks their coverage, but in the event that happens…  I’d rather have Covey than Ward.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Covey seems like a good kid, but never does much

Our punt return coverage never really gives him much of an opportunity either.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Gives you more on the receiving end too should there be injuries.

I guess. We are kinda screwed if it’s one of our top 2 receivers though. Nobody is replacing them. Ward can’t go play on the outside. He provides more value at receiver, but that’s not saying much.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wouldn’t say it’s a guarantee yet. They probably want to have that contingency plan. But, man… I don’t wanna see Greg Ward fair catching when there is room to run. There probably won’t be a lot of punts in this game, so I guess this isn’t really a big deal. Plus, it’s not like our returners usually have much room to do anything unless the punter just over kicks their coverage, but in the event that happens…  I’d rather have Covey than Ward.

Ya I would much rather have Covey out there. He has been pretty good recently and his ball security has been fine. Greg Ward would just be bland. Safe, but no real potential there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya I would much rather have Covey out there. He has been pretty good recently and his ball security has been fine. Greg Ward would just be bland. Safe, but no real potential there.

Yep, but kick return is gonna be more important in this one. Scott has been doing well there, so hopefully he gets us at least a couple of good returns. 🤞🏻

23 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Our punt return coverage never really gives him much of an opportunity either.

I guess. We are kinda screwed if it’s one of our top 2 receivers though. Nobody is replacing them. Ward can’t go play on the outside. He provides more value at receiver, but that’s not saying much.

It’s very small yeah

Ward possesses the ball, that works for me.

If this is back and forth and we lose this on a Covey muff punt I’d want to punch a hole through the TV.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’s very small yeah

Ward possesses the ball, that works for me.

If this is back and forth and we lose this on a Covey muff punt I’d want to punch a hole through the TV.

Covey hasn’t muffed anything since early in the season and I don’t think we lost it when he did either? I could be wrong.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Covey hasn’t muffed anything since early in the season and I don’t think we lost it when he did either? I could be wrong.

Don’t think so either, but he’s a rookie. Looking across the roster at guys who could maybe get caught up in the moment, think it’s fine to say he’d make that shortlist because of that.

Not super worried but we are at the nitpicky nervous stage. Even getting to me and I’ve been fairly confident we’d win the whole time.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Ward might be a net positive. Gives you more on the receiving end too should there be injuries.

Covey seems like a good kid, but never does much.

GWard coming in and doing well would be a good story for him.

Yep.  Reminds me of the British dude in NL European Vacation.  Guy gets wrecked on every play.