2023 Free Agency

Pastor Dillon

2 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

"The biggest complaint among player respondents was that the Club is one of only two teams league-wide that does not offer either a steam room or a sauna. As one would expect for a team with ratings this high, 97% of the locker room believes the McNairs are willing to invest money into upgrading the facilities."

I heard those massages can get pretty steamy

Ed Mcmahon Hey Oh GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

There seems to be interest. I’m hopeful we get a decent pick for him 

An extra 3rd could really open up the draft - then the Texans can feasibly get Will Anderson and then trade from 12 to 5 to jump Carolina to get whoever is remaining between the top two QBs. 

Per the DVC - 5th is worth 1700, 12th is worth 1200 - and 3rd round picks range from 265 to 116. The current picks owned by Houston in the 3rd are 65 (265 points) and 73 (225) so that brings all three picks to a total value of 1690 - which is as close as you’re going to get to matching the 5th pick. If Cooks is moved for a 3rd, you’ll still get to make a pick in that round, which is the goal. Going from 12 to 5, add in two 3rd rounders and still have a pick in that round would be a solid get. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

An extra 3rd could really open up the draft - then the Texans can feasibly get Will Anderson and then trade from 12 to 5 to jump Carolina to get whoever is remaining between the top two QBs. 

Per the DVC - 5th is worth 1700, 12th is worth 1200 - and 3rd round picks range from 265 to 116. The current picks owned by Houston in the 3rd are 65 (265 points) and 73 (225) so that brings all three picks to a total value of 1690 - which is as close as you’re going to get to matching the 5th pick. If Cooks is moved for a 3rd, you’ll still get to make a pick in that round, which is the goal. Going from 12 to 5, add in two 3rd rounders and still have a pick in that round would be a solid get. 

I was thinking we try and trade down to get 5 and 20 from Seattle for number 2 

3 hours ago, Blaze said:

No idea what to make of this or if it's even true but where the heck did this come from all of a sudden?

It’s Capt. Meco being Capt. Meco. I think it’s probably false, but wouldn’t be surprised.

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I was thinking we try and trade down to get 5 and 20 from Seattle for number 2 

I’m hesitant on that because to me, the talent in this draft drops off noticeably after pick 15-16. I get that 3 FRPs > 2 FRPs… but missing out on a top 3 player (or the top QB) just to land a top 15-20 player doesn’t really resonate with me given this particular class. 

If the class was a bit deeper in the 1st, I’d agree. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I’m hesitant on that because to me, the talent in this draft drops off noticeably after pick 15-16. I get that 3 FRPs > 2 FRPs… but missing out on a top 3 player (or the top QB) just to land a top 15-20 player doesn’t really resonate with me given this particular class. 

If the class was a bit deeper in the 1st, I’d agree. 

It really depends on who our QB1 is. If its Levis or Richardson then I would make the trade. If we want Young or Stroud then I wouldnt. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This is a very strong Free agent class for the linebacker position and we need two starting level linebackers. I like Christian Harris from our current group but thats it. 

I like Christian Kirksey as a vet backup/rotational ILB. Pretty much everyone else is expendable (Garrett Wallow might be a good ST guy if he’s allowed to do that full time).

My question is - are we running a 43 or 34 with Ryans? He ran a 34 with San Francisco, so that’s going to move bodies around. Jon Greenard is back to a standup edge, Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison are both 34 edges, Harris projects to be an ILB, Wallow simply doesn’t fit…

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I like Christian Kirksey as a vet backup/rotational ILB. Pretty much everyone else is expendable (Garrett Wallow might be a good ST guy if he’s allowed to do that full time).

My question is - are we running a 43 or 34 with Ryans? He ran a 34 with San Francisco, so that’s going to move bodies around. Jon Greenard is back to a standup edge, Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison are both 34 edges, Harris projects to be an ILB, Wallow simply doesn’t fit…

He ran a 4-3 last year. I think it comes down to personnel and what we're best set up for.