2023 Free Agency

Pastor Dillon

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

I was doing a deeper dive in the 15 minutes since I posted.

Still would prefer Slayton, but Woods looks legit... IF... big IF... he is fully recovered.

So the deal ain't so bad

If he can rotate with whoever is at the #2 (assuming it’s a rookie) it’s a solid pickup for a vet presence. It takes about a year or so to feel fully ready after an ACL tear, so it’s possible last year was an aberration and he’s more prepared physically.

Or, he’s Chris Conley. Either or.

15 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If we kept cooks with woods, Metchie, Nico and so on so that would be good. 

They (Woods, Cooks)  did play together on the Rams team that lost in the Super Bowl IIRC

Edited by jch1911

15 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Do y'all think Jimmy G might mean Anthony Richardson and not Bryce Young? 🤔

I’m feeling 50/50 on it. I’m assuming Demeco is all in on the 49ers way and making  Garappolo being the guy. That would mean AR at 2. Then I remember we have Mechie and I think Bryce has been the long time plan for the past few years. Hard to say

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tab said:

I’m feeling 50/50 on it. I’m assuming Demeco is all in on the 49ers way and making  Garappolo being the guy. That would mean AR at 2. Then I remember we have Mechie and I think Bryce has been the long time plan for the past few years. Hard to say

I could see either plan paying off fantasy or failing famously. It's a tough QB draft to read.

Mea culpa re: previous contract  #s

Updated suggestion: 4 years, $32M, $16.5M gtd

Year 1: $3.5M base + $3M SB = $6.5M (fully guaranteed)

Year 2: $4.5M base + $3M SB = $7.5M 

Year 3: $2M base + $3.5M roster bonus + $3M SB = $8.5M

Year 4: $2M base + $4.5M roster bonus + $3M SB = $9.5M

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tab said:

I honestly think it’s going to be Bryce - Jimmy G will start while Young redshirts and sees very limited action (except in the case of an injury - which is likely with Garoppolo). 

Give him a full year to study film and get into a strength regimen to add some weight to his frame - if he could put 8-12 lbs of muscle on in a year, he’s probably a lot more likely to withstand the hits and protect himself from the impact. The football IQ and spatial awareness he’s demonstrated isn’t really impacted by positive weight gain, but his arm talent and straight line speed could improve.

Sitting Bryce for a year to improve his physical stature could pay significant dividends.

• Like 2