Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Not really.

Sincerely,

Sad Memphis Fan

Disagree, it’s like watching NFL preseason. And, I know speaking for myself, the reason I watch preseason is to see players like Rashad Ross and others who I think may be able to make the Redskins after their performances in the preseason and then develop into something.

It remains to be seen if the XFL can also present that kind of product.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

What Jets' surprise 3-4 defense means for NFL draft, Leonard Williams

https://nypost.com/2019/02/20/what-jets-surprise-3-4-defense-means-for-nfl-draft-leonard-williams/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons via @nypostsports

Williams told reporters in 2017, when he was hired in Cleveland, that he has dozens of different packages of defense and can use the 3-4 and 4-3 in the same game.

“I have 42 packages of defense,” Williams said at his introductory press conference with the Browns. “Now everywhere I go, I don’t do them all. What it is, coaches sit in a room and we waste so much time wondering what the word is. I have the words already. I’ve been doing it for so long. So boom, this 11 guys, boom this 11 guys trot out there. Then, what you will all see is, how much we play those types of schemes or packages is based on the AFC North. It’s based on what the offenses are pulling out there and we have to play defense on.”

For the Jets, the choice to remain a 3-4 base defense will play a significant role in the upcoming draft. The Jets are in the market for a pass rusher with the No. 3 pick. A player such as Kentucky’s Josh Allen is viewed as a perfect fit for the 3-4 as an outside linebacker. Michigan’s Rashaan Gary, who is 280 pounds, would be seen more as an interior player in the 3-4.
Edited by turtle28

Other head coaches the XFL hopes to get seem so enticing:

Jim Zorn - balhahaha

The XFL’s five other teams will be in L.A., New York, St. Louis, Tampa, and Houston.

Oliver Luck said our preferred choices for the five head coaches would be, respectively, Jim Mora (the younger), Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher, Lovie Smith, and Jerry Glanville.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/21/xfl-to-name-all-head-coaches-by-the-end-of-march/

MLB wants to know who is in charge of the Orioles- https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-md-orioles-angelos-control-20190221-story.html#nws=true

In charge doesn't mean succession plan, but the MLB owners must approve of the ownership representative, who usually is the highest stakeholder, at the June owners meetings.  MLB could make this tough on the Orioles due to the ongoing MASN dispute.  

On 2/22/2019 at 11:36 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

MLB wants to know who is in charge of the Orioles- https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-md-orioles-angelos-control-20190221-story.html#nws=true

In charge doesn't mean succession plan, but the MLB owners must approve of the ownership representative, who usually is the highest stakeholder, at the June owners meetings.  MLB could make this tough on the Orioles due to the ongoing MASN dispute.  

Seems to me, it should be Jon Angelos who takes over his father’s role and Louis can handle more of the business aspect of the team and MASN.

Hopefully they do better than their father  for Orioles’ fans sake.

Edited by turtle28

I'm really disappointed that Pep Hamilton is the HC of the Washington XFL team. He was god-awful and basically forced out at Michigan. As the "Passing Game Coordinator" he rarely designed plays that let the above average QB throw passes to one of three future NFL wide receivers. Instead he just forced plays to the TEs who couldn't catch or couldn't run. He's been a failure almost everywhere he's gone in his career. I'm really hoping that this city gets a good football team and it's disappointing to have TWO teams in this city who you know are going to be terrible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HailToTheVictors+Redskins said:

I'm really disappointed that Pep Hamilton is the HC of the Washington XFL team. He was god-awful and basically forced out at Michigan. As the "Passing Game Coordinator" he rarely designed plays that let the above average QB throw passes to one of three future NFL wide receivers. Instead he just forced plays to the TEs who couldn't catch or couldn't run. He's been a failure almost everywhere he's gone in his career. I'm really hoping that this city gets a good football team and it's disappointing to have TWO teams in this city who you know are going to be terrible

There is still plenty of time for him to get another job offer and need to find someone else.  And who knows, maybe a 2nd level HC is what Pep Hamilton might be best at.  Probably not, but crazier things have happened.