Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If it pays more, they might get the AAF talent. I don't know how much they are offering though. 

Probably but it seemed to me that the AAF looked like preseason game talent out there playing, of that helps those players get back to the NFL then players are going to want to stay in the AAF.

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Probably but it seemed to me that the AAF looked like preseason game talent out there playing, of that helps those players get back to the NFL then players are going to want to stay in the AAF.

Sure, but how many of those guys have a legit shot? 10%? I don't know. Some of them know this is their future in football and will go to the XFL assuming it pays more. I think that number would be higher than the 10%. Again, we'll see.

32 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Which would you rather have?

100k?

Or 75k and a chance to get called up to the NFL?

You could eventually get called up from the XFL. You could also realize this is your ceiling. I'm sure there is a decent number that know that too. As far as pay, I don't know what the XFL is offering, but I thought the AAF was like $37k?

I'm more just playing devil's advocate btw. I want the AAF to succeed. I enjoyed it's first weekend.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Why? So we can win 7 games again and miss out on all the top QBs? I’ll pass. 

32. Redskins (.469)
We have the easiest schedule again next year.  Were winning our way out of a qb regardless. No matter what, wed have to trade to move up. And probably still cost the same, Our 1st and 2nd, paired with next years 1st.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You could eventually get called up from the XFL. You could also realize this is your ceiling. I'm sure there is a decent number that know that too. As far as pay, I don't know what the XFL is offering, but I thought the AAF was like $37k?

I'm more just playing devil's advocate btw. I want the AAF to succeed. I enjoyed it's first weekend.

AAF = average salary is $75k on 3yr $250k contracts

XFL = 75k

http://footballscoop.com/news/heres-much-aaf-xfl-plan-pay-players/

Also, the way it's structured, I don't see too many teams linked to an XFL team. For example, which is the XFL team that is linked to the Redskins? So it's just another league of UDFAs. Whereas, there's a bit of a link with the NFL with the AAF and I think that helps with it's staying power. Plus, I literally couldn't tell you the name of any XFL coach or player. I can do that with AAF. That's gonna help. A lot.

• Like 1