Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

52 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We were around 1,000 ahead of Philly but then interest in the GDT's really tapered off.  

You mean, an ultra dedicated fanbase got sick and tired of the pointlessness of the season and was only looking forward to the off-season in the hope that the team bugaboo would finally be excised like the cancer he was?

And that if the magic event happened then the fans would come back dancing in the streets?

Nah, that couldn't be it. :D

Just now, Woz said:

You mean, an ultra dedicated fanbase got sick and tired of the pointlessness of the season and was only looking forward to the off-season in the hope that the team bugaboo would finally be excised like the cancer he was?

And that if the magic event happened then the fans would come back dancing in the streets?

Nah, that couldn't be it. :D

Apathy is what it took.  For some of these games, I had something better to do than to watch them to completion.  For others, I chose to do other things while watching them instead of coming on here and discussing a terrible football team.  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Apathy is what it took.  For some of these games, I had something better to do than to watch them to completion.  For others, I chose to do other things while watching them instead of coming on here and discussing a terrible football team.  

Yep. As few as maybe five years ago, if you had said I would voluntarily weed instead of watching the football game, I would have called you crazy. But that's where I found myself in 2019. Multiple times my wife scheduled things on a Sunday afternoon and I didn't care.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Jerry Jones is meeting with Marvin Lewis......

please oh please oh please oh please

I would be floored if this happened. I hate to be cynical about it, but I think this is just to meet the Rooney Rule requirement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

I would be floored if this happened. I hate to be cynical about it, but I think this is just to meet the Rooney Rule requirement.

I thought of that too but he could have just thrown Kris Richard an interview to satisfy the Rooney rule. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I thought of that too but he could have just thrown Kris Richard an interview to satisfy the Rooney rule. 

It would look really suspect to interview their own DB coach ... kind of how it looked when Washington interviewed the DB coach while Zorn was still in charge.

Still amazed Mitchell Tribustky was taken b4 Deshawn Watson. Watson beat Alabama twice in collge Bowl games before entering the draft. Today got sack 6 times but still made the play of the game, avoided a double sack for a pass to the RB that set up the game winning FG. That's what WINNERS do!