Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

For the most part? Who is/are the successful one/s?

Al Groh is the only NFL coach over .500.  Nick Saban is the most successful overall, but he still has a sub .500 record in the NFL.  Charlie Weis was fired from Notre Dame and Kansas, and is a sub.500 college coach.  

It is too early to judge Brian Flores, Kliff Kingsbury or Joe Judge.  Also, Mike Vrabel is a former player.

I would also like to see McDaniels and Mangini get another shot at head coaching. 

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Al Groh is the only NFL coach over .500. 

In one season.

He also effectively made Virginia completely irrelevant. Yes, I know, they weren't that important but at least they were competitive under George Welsh.

He can go suck a big fat ****.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:
16 minutes ago, Woz said:

Bill O’Brien has been the best I think, but he’s enjoyed playing in a usually bad division which usually gets means he’s at least around .500.

@ET80 - care to comment?

@naptownskinsfan - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/OBriBi0.htm says he's above 0.500. Got to say that surprised me.

1 minute ago, Woz said:
8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:
19 minutes ago, Woz said:

Bill O’Brien has been the best I think, but he’s enjoyed playing in a usually bad division which usually gets means he’s at least around .500.

@ET80 - care to comment?

It's spot on - BoB is successful because at least two AFCS teams are complete trainwrecks any given year.

The Titans are starting to look the part, the Colts are a complete team right now and Gardner Minshew might actually be better than I expected...so, we're going to see if this hold this season.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

@ET80 - care to comment?

@naptownskinsfan - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/OBriBi0.htm says he's above 0.500. Got to say that surprised me.

I missed him on the list I was looking at.  For some reason, I thought they organized it by winning percentage.  But yes, he is 52-45 in the regular season.  

If that's the best, that's not saying much. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I missed him on the list I was looking at.  For some reason, I thought they organized it by winning percentage.  But yes, he is 52-45 in the regular season.  

If that's the best, that's not saying much. 

The fruit of the Bill Belichick tree is poisoned.