Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

The well-regarded Fangio had other teams interested in him, and according to the report, the Dolphins landed him by making him the NFL’s highest-paid coordinator.

Fangio went just 19-30 in three years as the Broncos’ head coach, but he has had success as a defensive coordinator for the Bears, 49ers, Texans and Colts, and he’s a major get for Mike McDaniel and the Dolphins as they attempt to build on a playoff season in 2022 and become Super Bowl contenders in 2023.

Nice hire for the Fins. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If the Eagles finish this off this has to be like the single easiest path to the Super Bowl that I can recall? Extremely easy schedule coupled with playing the Giants and now a 49ers team with Josh Johnson at QB lol. Just unbelievable. 

Well the next game won’t be either regardless of who they play.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Soooooooo good!

Yep, can watch it over and over . 86 ( Clint Didier? ) got a great block on that DB . Hard to believe Riggo had that speed ! 9 players had to beat 10 defenders then it was up to Riggins to beat the last man standing. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:42 PM, lavar703 said:

If the Eagles finish this off this has to be like the single easiest path to the Super Bowl that I can recall? Extremely easy schedule coupled with playing the Giants and now a 49ers team with Josh Johnson at QB lol. Just unbelievable. 

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They better hope passing on Young/Stroud works out for them. 

Yeah, it does kinda reek of the predicament we were in with Haskins. Fields has shown flashes as an athlete, been inconsistent as a passer.

Do you trade him to someone & then take Stroud or Young who look like better pocket passers?

Or, do you trade down w/ say the Colts & take Will Anderson or Carter there while picking up more picks & ride it out with Fields?

Personally, I’d lean towards the later. I think fields will continue to develop, especially when they get better receivers and OL. They need upgrades at both spots. Claypool is more a #2 & Mooney is more a #3 type WR. 

Edited by turtle28