Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, it does kinda reek of the predicament we were in with Haskins. Fields has shown flashes as an athlete, been inconsistent as a passer.

Do you trade him to someone & then take Stroud or Young who look like better pocket passers?

Or, do you trade down w/ say the Colts & take Will Anderson or Carter there while picking up more picks & ride it out with Fields?

Personally, I’d lean towards the later. I think fields will continue to develop, especially when they get better receivers and OL. They need upgrades at both spots. Claypool is more a #2 & Mooney is more a #3 type WR. 

I really liked Fields a lot prior to the draft but his inaccuracy is kinda crazy. Maybe he develops and starts improving as a passer, that's very possible but I think Young is one of those guys that's going to be a top 10 QB. His arm talent and his ability to process the field is tremendous. I think the Bears are going to seriously regret passing on him. 

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m happy for Tom. He really should’ve retired last year but I guess he just needed one ore. Obviously the most accomplished football player of all time. He did more off of competitiveness, hard work & out working the competition for 23 years.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I really liked Fields a lot prior to the draft but his inaccuracy is kinda crazy. Maybe he develops and starts improving as a passer, that's very possible but I think Young is one of those guys that's going to be a top 10 QB. His arm talent and his ability to process the field is tremendous. I think the Bears are going to seriously regret passing on him. 

How do you know though if you have the worst OL & WR corps in the NFL? The Bears did the worst job I’ve ever seen in surrounding Justin Fields with talent to help develop him.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How do you know though if you have the worst OL & WR corps in the NFL? The Bears did the worst job I’ve ever seen in surrounding Justin Fields with talent to help develop him.

I mean, that absolutely would add challenges but not to the degree of how inaccurate he is. I think the worst thing to happen to Fields was getting drafted to an unstable environment and then immediately going through a coordinator change. It has hurt his development tremendously. I genuinely believe the best thing for him would be to get traded to somewhere with an older established vet where he can sit for a year but you're already going into year 3 of his deal and nobody is going to do that. Its a shame. He has a ton of talent. 

• 2 weeks later...