Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

14 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Congratulations to Joe Gibbs Racing. A fantastic leader who knows what it takes to win on and off the track. It was a privilege to have him as our coach. 

2019-Daytona-Denny-Hamlin-Joe-Gibbs-Ring

I'm glad he can do it in racing, he had lost his touch last decade in building a championship football team. 

Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell over Aaron Rodgers? Smdh

He also wanted to draft Kellen Winslow over Sean Taylor in 04 until everyone in the organization talked him out of it.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm glad he can do it in racing, he had lost his touch last decade in building a championship football team. 

Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell over Aaron Rodgers? Smdh

He also wanted to draft Kellen Winslow over Sean Taylor in 04 until everyone in the organization talked him out of it.

That’s because he never built a championship team. Beatherd did. Gibbs was an incredible coach however. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That’s because he never built a championship team. Beatherd did. Gibbs was an incredible coach however. 

Handing him the personnel power was the wrong decision, but I am sure that is how Snyder got him to come out of retirement.  His offense was also in the stone age, and only with the addition of Al Saunders was it brought up to the Industrial Revolution era, but the 500 page playbook was woefully behind other offenses at the time.  With all of the spread concepts, that playbook is a dinosaur now.  

Edited by naptownskinsfan

34 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Handing him the personnel power was the wrong decision, but I am sure that is how Snyder got him to come out of retirement.  His offense was also in the stone age, and only with the addition of Al Saunders was it brought up to the Industrial Revolution era, but the 500 page playbook was woefully behind other offenses at the time.  With all of the spread concepts, that playbook is a dinosaur now.  

As you said, I’m sure giving Gibbs final say was the way Snyder got him out of retirement. While he made his mistakes w/ final say, he did better than Cerrato did.

And, I thought our 05 offense was better than after we hired Al Saunder for the 06 & 07 seasons.

05 we were still running Gibbs’s 80s offense. Portis and Moss went off. Cooley broke out as the H-back and Robert Royal was decent as our inline TE. Brunell also threw for 22 TDs that year, we went to the playoffs and won a playoff game for the only time this century.

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, with the people involved, I seriously doubt they just went into this without at least 2-3 years worth of payroll. This is much ado about nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, with the people involved, I seriously doubt they just went into this without at least 2-3 years worth of payroll. This is much ado about nothing.

At times, it is best to have one person in charge, especially in the infancy of something like this.  Which is why I like the XFL's chances of succeeding with Vince McMahon as the sole investor in Alpha Entertainment, and letting Oliver Luck, who was NFL Europe president for five years and WVU's Athletic Director for another five, be the commissioner of the league.  He's got plenty of experience scaling this with a similar product/brand, and has great organizations skills as a former AD as well as his time working with the NCAA.  He's leveraging a ton of contacts in all likelihood to help pull this off.  

• Like 1