Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So can the Wizards please trade Gortat for a ham sandwich in July and sign Greg Monroe?

More amusing is that the Ian Mahinmi will cost the Wizards almost $2.5M more than Gortat will next year.

As for Greg Monroe, that's a pipe dream.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

More amusing is that the Ian Mahinmi will cost the Wizards almost $2.5M more than Gortat will next year.

As for Greg Monroe, that's a pipe dream.

The Celtics aren’t paying much for Monroe this season. He’s not going to cost as much as he did 3 years ago on a contract when he was considered s max player.

I personally think this year Mahinmi has been better than Gortat, at least on the defensive end which is where we need our center to be good the most and he provides some shot blocking when Gortat provides basically zero.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Celtics aren’t paying much for Monroe this season.

Because he was waived by Phoenix and happened to be unemployed. This is a value redemption move by Monroe. Should he continue to do well, his value will jump right back up to the top of the market (the Celtics aren't paying for him and Al Horford).

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I personally think this year Mahinmi has been better than Gortat

1. That is so incredibly sad.
  2. Is Mahinmi worth $16M next year? No? Then how are you going to fit Monroe in with him?

8 hours ago, Woz said:

Because he was waived by Phoenix and happened to be unemployed. This is a value redemption move by Monroe. Should he continue to do well, his value will jump right back up to the top of the market (the Celtics aren't paying for him and Al Horford).

1. That is so incredibly sad.
  2. Is Mahinmi worth $16M next year? No? Then how are you going to fit Monroe in with him?

That’s true, and I don’t think Mahinmi’s contract is tradeable, unlike Gortat’s because Gortats is expiring after next year.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Well, I’m glad we didn’t trade up for Reuben Foster last year, or take him over Jon Allen.

To be fair, Allen was always the "oh I want that!" pick ... Foster was "he's good and could be available!" pick

When Allen fell to us, I don't think a single person said "oh I wish we had Foster instead."

Just now, turtle28 said:

That’s true, and I don’t think Mahinmi’s contract is tradeable, unlike Gortat’s because Gortats is expiring after next year.

And that's the problem the Wizards find themselves in: they cannot really afford to pay top money for guys like Monroe, but they desperately need help in the front court.

The only thing that the Wizards can realistically do is draft a guys and hope they stick. Trading Gortat for draft picks (or money) would be good too.

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

And that's the problem the Wizards find themselves in: they cannot really afford to pay top money for guys like Monroe, but they desperately need help in the front court.

The only thing that the Wizards can realistically do is draft a guys and hope they stick. Trading Gortat for draft picks (or money) would be good too.

Yeah, that must be done. I’ve wanted Gortat traded for another/cheaper C, cash or a draft pick for two years. There’s a handful of guys in the draft they could get to develop. The issue is mahinmi would then be the starter, but like I said frankly I saw better defense, finishing around the rim and rebounding from mahinmi this year than Gortat. Mahinmi losing 30 pounds last summer helped him a lot.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Welcome to the world:

Magnus Jaxon Shepard

Future Redskins QB

Born today, 4/18/18 at 10:20 a.m.

8lbs, 1oz

Mom and baby are doing fine. Dad and big sis are ecstatic.

Is Magnus a family name, or where did that come from?