The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

As much as it still stings…

It’s nice knowing we got our guy at QB. Yeah paying him will change things, but aside from that fumble…Hurts stepped up last night. Didn’t shrink. Love the dude.

Got WR 1a and 1B locked in. Goedert at TE. 3/5 of the oline for sure with great players.

Jurgy looks promising if Kelce walks away, just need Stout to manifest us a guard to replace Isaac. If they can do that and we can get a good rookie RB, the offense should be ok.

Defense will be a wait and see. Too many free agents and question marks to really know what they’ll look like.

The absolute most important part of the offseason starts today. We need the Cards to fall in love with Gannon if we ever want to have a chance at stopping a good QB on defense from completely running us over. 

Gannon has shown us what he is. He will do very well vs average to below average QBs and get absolutely shredded with zero benefits vs anything better. He has to go if we ever want to win that game with this staff and team. 

He does some good things, but his gameplans never seem to evolve when they need too.

Had two weeks to prep for this offense, and I didn’t see one schemed for thing to stop what the chiefs do. Secondary looked lost. Which is worrisome because Dennard Wilson, our DB coach and defensive passing game coordinator, would be the internal hire if JG leaves.

33 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He does some good things, but his gameplans never seem to evolve when they need too.

Had two weeks to prep for this offense, and I didn’t see one schemed for thing to stop what the chiefs do. Secondary looked lost. Which is worrisome because Dennard Wilson, our DB coach and defensive passing game coordinator, would be the internal hire if JG leaves.

Give me a new style of the same stuff we have than the Gannon D. The defense for the most part is fine. We just are lacking that bite when we need it vs the good QBs. I am more than willing to take a swing on Wilson just to see how it goes.

46 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We've seen this before with JG.  Long stretch of last season where QB's just scortched them over the middle of the field and picked apart the soft zone.  Herbert, Mahomes, Carr, Prescott etc....  Just was too soft on the outside and way too many holes in the middle of the defense.  What changed this year?  Reddick and Bradberry, they were key additions and the defense was better.  The offense also helped the defense out by making the opposing team go one dimensional.  But the same concerns we have all had with JG manifested itself last night for the entire world to see.  Non Eagle fans are left saying.....how was THAT a supposed top tier defense this year?