The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m out on Carter. You need to buckle down for about 6 months, get in fighting shape, perform well on these drills and cash a fat check. He’s all but promised that money and he’s watching it slip away because he’s being lazy. Just bad signs. And for that reason, I’m out. I know he’s just a kid but where is the support system? How can he be trusted once you give him multimillion dollars? 

Would be cool to pair Jordan Davis, him and Dean again. But if Carter indeed lacks Davis and drive, don’t really need that around Davis. 

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m out on Carter. You need to buckle down for about 6 months, get in fighting shape, perform well on these drills and cash a fat check. He’s all but promised that money and he’s watching it slip away because he’s being lazy. Just bad signs. And for that reason, I’m out. I know he’s just a kid but where is the support system? How can he be trusted once you give him multimillion dollars? 

I'm sure the front office has already asked Jordan Davis about Jalen Carter.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Jordan Davis had weight concerns and lost weight for every important weigh in during his draft process. Carter didnt even try it seems like.

You can see a huge difference in their approach toward the game and preparation. Jalen Carter has absurd potential, but he'll likely be a bust.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Meh - Cox has been on the decline for about 3 years now; wouldn't have minded moving on but I understand the need to bring him back. 

Plus the way the market is going suppose they chose to keep the higher comp pick.

If we are doing a patch job bring back the old dudes, let’s get Calais Campbell for the end/3T role with Fletch. Just go monster package.

• Like 1

Yall crazy talking about out on Carter. You think he actually had time to condition the last 2 weeks, I highly doubt it. He's most likely been in and out of depositions and court type **** that's not official court so no one reports on it. Usually there is a plethora of **** that goes down after charges like that get filed. **** his bail was a special circumstance quick trial to get him back to the combine. There's so much he still has to go through. 

All in all his charges don't even concern me, 90% of this forum has unofficially/officially raced someone. Just cause the other dude was obliterated doesn't make it carters fault. He chose to get obliterated, he chose to then drive knowing how impaired he was, and then chose to race. That's on him. I'm not victim blaming but it was the driver of the other vehicles choice that caused all this not Carter. 

52 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yall crazy talking about out on Carter. You think he actually had time to condition the last 2 weeks, I highly doubt it. He's most likely been in and out of depositions and court type **** that's not official court so no one reports on it. Usually there is a plethora of **** that goes down after charges like that get filed. **** his bail was a special circumstance quick trial to get him back to the combine. There's so much he still has to go through. 

All in all his charges don't even concern me, 90% of this forum has unofficially/officially raced someone. Just cause the other dude was obliterated doesn't make it carters fault. He chose to get obliterated, he chose to then drive knowing how impaired he was, and then chose to race. That's on him. I'm not victim blaming but it was the driver of the other vehicles choice that caused all this not Carter. 

Maybe we get lucky and he free falls enough to trade up from 30 to snag him instead of taking him at 10. 

I'm not out on him but today wasn't a good look. I'd be happy to get him at 10. A fall and trade up to get him would be better tho

8 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Maybe we get lucky and he free falls enough to trade up from 30 to snag him instead of taking him at 10. 

I'm not out on him but today wasn't a good look. I'd be happy to get him at 10. A fall and trade up to get him would be better tho

With what resources are we trading up from 30? I've been all for a double trade of down from 10 but up from 30 but I don't see it happening.