The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Gotta imagine more than a little of that is going to Jalen 

First couple cap hits for Mahomes’ contract were only 5M and 7M for year one and two. With under 1M base salary each year. There’s ways around it. He’ll get a slice. It won’t be more than 7-8 (?) though I’d imagine. Howie will move it around if necessary. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 5:07 PM, Danger said:

IDK. I really like Blankenship. 

I like him too.

The problem I'm having is that I think if you leave either of them single high, you're probably going to have issues. We need more of a cover safety, IMO.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Is that when we can sign people without worrying about the comp picks? 

Not sure when that date is it might sometime in May. But that will tell Howie what the team needs addressed before camp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

The dream is dead.

Simmons was never coming here or getting traded; the compensation to acquire him would be outrageous. Kevin Byard on the other hand is the guy I think Philly would trade for. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Simmons was never coming here or getting traded; the compensation to acquire him would be outrageous. Kevin Byard on the other hand is the guy I think Philly would trade for. 

Simmons would've been awesome, but Byard would be a better acquisition. Realistically, he can likely give you 4/5 years of high level safety play at minimum. There are plenty of DTs we can pick up in the draft and Davis, Milton and Cox isn't a bad trio to pair with a rookie and/or a cheap vet (Suh?).

13 hours ago, Scalamania said:

That's the position I'm most worried about. We fix that and grab a few young pieces in the draft elsewhere in the draft and this defense will be golden. 

Something has to give with the Titans. They asked him to take a paycut only to turn around and hand a teammate of his a huge payday. That's gotta sting and make him possibly want out?

I hope AJ Brown is working that phone to him and to Howie