The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd give up a 7th round pick if the Titans want to pick up some salary, but otherwise just let them cut him.

I don’t think I’d give up any draft capital, but a 7th wouldn’t be the end of the world. I do wonder about him running less under center here though. Would like to know the exact percentage of how much he did that and his success on runs from shot gun.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Would be funny though. Could you imagine a fresh King Henry in the 3rd and 4th QT closing out games LeGarrett Blount style? In the RZ lined up with Jalen Hurts?

Not being force fed 25-35x every single game unless game planned specific? Im not opposed neccesarily just not at anywhere remotely close to that salary or at the cost of some ridiculous trade/picks.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Would be funny though. Could you imagine a fresh King Henry in the 3rd and 4th QT closing out games LeGarrett Blount style? In the RZ lined up with Jalen Hurts?

Not being force fed 25-35x every single game unless game planned specific? Im not opposed neccesarily just not at anywhere remotely close to that salary or at the cost of some ridiculous trade/picks.

Derrick Henry is a 25 carry a game back.  He is a guy who needs to get in a rhythm with carries early and often.  

If he has 8-10 carries going into the 4th, he is not going to just turn it on.

I don’t see the fit at all. And I like Henry. I would imagine he’d be an absolute wrecking ball behind this line but it would really change the way we operate the offense. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing to be a little more versatile. However, I would need a cheap contract and it easily escapable. I doubt Henry is looking for anything of that nature being 29. Unless he’s all about getting some playoff action. 

• Like 1

Love Henry the player.  He’s not a fit in this offense.  Square peg, round hole.   Unless you’re gonna line Hurts up under center and run more down hill.  Now if the compensation in this fantasy world is in our favor, then sure.  But having him standing up side by side with the QB in the gun is not a good use of his skills.  Demarco-like.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Throw Up Jared Padalecki GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Both terrible terrible options.

Gun to head, you are forced into picking one of the two options because Howie is making that deal or pick.

Who you got? 

Aging Top 5 RB beast with an expensive contract, probably a day 2 pick but a  horrible fit schematically?

Rookie RB using a 1st rd pick (even if trading down to teens) who by all standards might be the best RB the Eagles have seen in Midnight green since Brian Westbrook? Yes better then Shady!

Go!

That said, we will trade for Austin Eckler instead, watch.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gun to head, you are forced into picking one of the two options because Howie is making that deal or pick.

Who you got? 

Aging Top 5 RB beast with an expensive contract, probably a day 2 pick but a  horrible fit schematically?

Rookie RB using a 1st rd pick (even if trading down to teens) who by all standards might be the best RB the Eagles have seen in Midnight green since Brian Westbrook? Yes better then Shady!

Go!

That said, we will trade for Austin Eckler instead, watch.

Well, given that Henry details weren''t specified, it was stated it was a day 2 pick. There's no way Tennessee gets that for him. They'll likely get like a 4th if they pick up some salary, or a 6th if they don't.