The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 4/24/2023 at 1:57 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Because Bijans rookie RB contract would be a fraction of what Sanders signed for on APY basis?

Sanders is going into year 5, Bijan would be locked in for 5 years of CHEAP RB PAY! Asking why they would let Sanders walk to draft Bijan, that's why.

However Howie is not drafting a RB in the first,  least of all at #10. However if /when we trade back, acquiring multiple picks for this draft which might include a 2024 extra 1st, THEN if in the teens early 20's before Dallas Bijan Robinson is on the board, all bets are off. Then it would be a Luxury/BPA pick.

10 15 or 20, we’re not drafting a RB that high. If they are going to be sound with their decisions and let Miles walk then they aren’t going to use their best asset to draft a player because it’s a “luxury pick”.  Bad organizations would treat that asset as a luxury pick.  Also, I said pick and monies which is referring to the Henry scenario that speaks to what you say about APY.  

The Eagles would rather have a guy on that rookie contract for 5 years at a position that they value and have that guy around longer than 4-5 years.  Not just let a former #10 overall pick walk because he’s a RB and was a “luxury”.  

3 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

The Eagles would rather have a guy on that rookie contract for 5 years at a position that they value and have that guy around longer than 4-5 years.  Not just let a former #10 overall pick walk because he’s a RB and was a “luxury”.  

I'll worry about year 5 when it gets here! There is no player in this draft outside of Anderson, Carter, Wilson and maybe Skoronski (if they are sitting Jurgens again) that would have a bigger impact for the Eagles then Bijan Robinson. 

But hey let's draft positions of value and players we can sign to a 2nd contract for years 5 and beyond like Danny Watkins, Derek Barnett ,Andre Dillard, and Jalen Reagor. 👍

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'll worry about year 5 when it gets here! There is no player in this draft outside of Anderson, Carter, Wilson and maybe Skoronski (if they are sitting Jurgens again) that would have a bigger impact for the Eagles then Bijan Robinson. 

Skoronski has to be the pick if he's on the board. I'd be annoyed if we took Bijan over him. Nothing against Bijan but we look pretty damn average when Lane is out. I wouldn't bet on Lane making it a full season given his age and history.

43 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Skoronski has to be the pick if he's on the board. I'd be annoyed if we took Bijan over him. Nothing against Bijan but we look pretty damn average when Lane is out. I wouldn't bet on Lane making it a full season given his age and history.

I think you are right in everything here. But while I've come around a bit at the idea of drafting Skoronski and drafting a RB top 10 doesn't scream smart business to anyone, drafting a Guard top 10 doesn't win you more games than drafting a RB that has been said as a criticism of going Bijan. 

We do need a swing tackle badly, but I think there might be better options at other points in this draft and there's always the possibility that Jurgens might have to play guard for more than 2023. 

• Like 2

Name what current RBs you'd trade #10 straight up for, then tell me why bijan is worth 10. Most likely, none of you would trade #10 for any RB already in the league, so i don't see why anyone would draft bijan at 10.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Name what current RBs you'd trade #10 straight up for, then tell me why bijan is worth 10. Most likely, none of you would trade #10 for any RB already in the league, so i don't see why anyone would draft bijan at 10.

Maybe Jonathan Taylor, and that is a big maybe.

47 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think you are right in everything here. But while I've come around a bit at the idea of drafting Skoronski and drafting a RB top 10 doesn't scream smart business to anyone, drafting a Guard top 10 doesn't win you more games than drafting a RB that has been said as a criticism of going Bijan. 

We do need a swing tackle badly, but I think there might be better options at other points in this draft and there's always the possibility that Jurgens might have to play guard for more than 2023. 

Idk. We lost Seumalo, Kelce will be 36 this year, Lane's 33, and Skoronski can play anywhere on the O-line. I'm not against drafting a luxury position in the first round but I don't think we're in a position to do that.

13 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Kelce will be 36 this year

Tis true, but last year might have been the best he's ever looked (at least in pass protection)

Edited by Jeezla

57 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't disagree, but in this draft class in particular (and apparently every time we pick in the top 10) doesn't have a prospect that might be as attractive as we would like. So it is the case that Bijan might not even make it to our pick. I pray that Jalen Carter falls to us, but I'm not counting on it. 

17 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Idk. We lost Seumalo, Kelce will be 36 this year, Lane's 33, and Skoronski can play anywhere on the O-line. I'm not against drafting a luxury position in the first round but I don't think we're in a position to do that.

In another post I said he would be very attractive in the sense that he covers 2 positions for us, swing tackle and guard, but at least one of those is as a backup and I think a guard at top 10 isn't better than a RB, specially given that Stoutland does an excellent job of getting guys ready. 

I believe drafting an OT day 2 would be ideal in the sense that he can play swing tackle and go through Stoutland University to eventualy take over Lane who by the way hasn't played a full season since like 2016.  

Edited by Broadway Joe

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't disagree, but in this draft class in particular (and apparently every time we pick in the top 10) doesn't have a prospect that might be as attractive as we would like. So it is the case that Bijan might not even make it to our pick. I pray that Jalen Carter falls to us, but I'm not counting on it. 

#10 should almost definitely have one of Witherspoon or Gonzalez on the board, but Howie probably going to pretend Greedy Williams is a future star and we're good there.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

#10 should almost definitely have one of Witherspoon or Gonzalez on the board, but Howie probably going to pretend Greedy Williams is a future star and we're good there.

I would be okay with either of the two, they'd be a lock to start at least one or two games with our geriatric CB corps. 

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I would agree, but we just signed Slay to a new deal ( still don't understand why ) and then signed Bradberry.  Why draft a guy that is going to sit two years.