The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I just need to see the money. If it is as cheap as I expect I am fine with it.

1 year probably very cheap prove it deal. Penny chose the best rushing attack in the NFL can't blame him.

I just need to see the money. If it is as cheap as I expect I am fine with it.

It’s probably a one year, prove it deal. He’s been hurt, there’s good space here for carries currently. It makes sense for him. I still think we draft a 3rd round RB. 

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The main reason is so you aren't rostering a guy that likely won't be available when your team needs him most, and likely over-looking/ignoring better RB options in the draft because you now feel "set" at RB.

This won't stop them from drafting a guy. I never expected them to spend big money on a RB. If they as the case they would just keep Miles.

Just now, ACO said:

This won't stop them from drafting a guy. I never expected them to spend big money on a RB. If they as the case they would just keep Miles.

No, but it could stop them from considering one before round 4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Let me call it here first.

Penny will suffer a season ending injury in training camp.

I'm going with a lengthy pre-season injury at the start of camp that he heals from just in time for the final preseason game, followed by 2 separate 3-4 week injuries over the regular season. Then hits IR for good in week 17.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Feelings, like opinions right?   Because that’s most of what is posted this time of the year.  Opinions/Feelings

There is a massive difference between posting "I feel like our defense will suck" and stating that "our defense is gunna suck next year". I don't really care how people feel but your words matter. I take every poster on this board's words at face value. If you say something I am going to respond accordingly.

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

When I shout from the hip, you’ll know it bud.  

Not specifically you but in sentiment, if someone says somethings going to suck before we’ve even seen the end result, it’s going to result in averse opinion. We know this right? That’s what makes a forum what it is. It’s ok for you to post your opinion, but expect to hear someone else’s. 

There is a massive difference between posting "I feel like our defense will suck" and stating that "our defense is gunna suck next year"

Massive? It's literally 3 words difference. What a drama queen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There is a massive difference between posting "I feel like our defense will suck" and stating that "our defense is gunna suck next year". I don't really care how people feel but your words matter. I take every poster on this board's words at face value. If you say something I am going to respond accordingly.

I’ve said all along that we’re going to take a step back. Never said we’ll suck or the defense is going to suck.  But then I was told to wait and see.  So glad you’re not the one preaching absolutes.   I wasn’t referring to you BTW.    

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan