The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wouldn't be an Eagles offseason if people weren't screaming from rooftops about the Eagles sucking at something.  It's what most of you always do, especially this time of year.

Last year the entire conversations were about the offense more specifically replacing Jalen Hurts. How he sucked, why we should trade/draft for just about any other QB because we had 3 1sts and he sure AF wasn't th answer.

How after Wilson went to Denver we shouldn't go trade for a DK Metcalf and pay him $20M a season because he'd be absolutely wasted as a Eagle with Jalen at QB. Only to then acquire AJ Brown, do exactly that and watch this offense go off.

This year, it's Defense. How we can't possibly replace any of the Starters we lost. Not with any of the Rookies from last years draft. Most certainly not from any potential Rookies in this years draft and more then likely no one from FA because Howie Roseman of all people can't find the money.

It's February/March. The time of the year when the prognosticators and psychics tell the rest of us how the Eagles will suck, probably finish 4-13 because we suck at A, B and C. 

The only year this hasn't been the overall sentiment and discussion at hand was 2018 post SB Champion.  Keep doing You!

Realest post I've read in awhile. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wouldn't be an Eagles offseason if people weren't screaming from rooftops about the Eagles sucking at something.  It's what most of you always do, especially this time of year.

Last year the entire conversations were about the offense more specifically replacing Jalen Hurts. How he sucked, why we should trade/draft for just about any other QB because we had 3 1sts and he sure AF wasn't th answer.

How after Wilson went to Denver we shouldn't go trade for a DK Metcalf and pay him $20M a season because he'd be absolutely wasted as a Eagle with Jalen at QB. Only to then acquire AJ Brown, do exactly that and watch this offense go off.

This year, it's Defense. How we can't possibly replace any of the Starters we lost. Not with any of the Rookies from last years draft. Most certainly not from any potential Rookies in this years draft and more then likely no one from FA because Howie Roseman of all people can't find the money.

It's February/March. The time of the year when the prognosticators and psychics tell the rest of us how the Eagles will suck, probably finish 4-13 because we suck at A, B and C. 

The only year this hasn't been the overall sentiment and discussion at hand was 2018 post SB Champion.  Keep doing You!

This is the NFL. It is not easy to replace good players. That is why its very fair to make the educated guess that the defense is going to be worse.

You act like people are upset that we are losing one starter. The eagles defense is losing every starter besides its pass rushing edges.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I also agree with a lot of the choices on who left. They made more money than the eagles should have gotten.

I'm not upset the eagles defense is going to bad. I just understand it will be because that's what needs to happen this year.

Yea, nobody is screaming from the roof tops that we're gonna suck, we're just acknowledging that with all the turnover and stiffer competition, the defense is probably gonna suck. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah our defense is going to be awful

I don't think awful but it will clear take a step back. It was going to anyways because they were never going to repeat what they did last season. That doesn't mean awful though. My guess they will still be a top 10 defense. Howie will make moves.

1 minute ago, ACO said:

I don't think awful but it will clear take a step back. It was going to anyways because they were never going to repeat what they did last season. That doesn't mean awful though. My guess they will still be a top 10 defense. Howie will make moves.

Our pass rush might be ok and I think nakobe might be a pretty good player.

Not a lot of hope for anything else right now. Think we will be downgraded everywhere else.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

At least we got it to probably gonna suck now!

"We might have the worst D in our division" was my initial post that you reacted to. Is that really different from "probably going to suck"? 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Our pass rush might be ok and I think nakobe might be a pretty good player.

Not a lot of hope for anything else right now. Think we will be downgraded everywhere else.

Definitely concerned over the secondary. That has to be addressed because we know the one thing the NFCE will do this offseason is get weapons for their QBs. They already starting. I have no doubt the eagles can go toe to toe in a shootout but you can only do that but so much. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

"We might have the worst D in our division" was my initial post that you reacted to. Is that really different from "probably going to suck"? 

I actually didn't react to any of your posts. I essentially responded to Ninja's post(not directly) that said "Yeah our defense is going to be awful". You then replied to me, but you generally seemed to agree with that sentiment by essentially saying it over and over so if the shoe fits?

But we already established that I am a moron so we are good on that front.

2 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I'm getting worried about oline depth more than the defense.

In Stout we trust. Also if there is one thing Howie will make sure happens it is that our OL has enough depth even if that pisses off a few posters on this board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

But we already established that I am a moron so we are good on that front.

Haven't seen anybody but you say that, but since you keep saying it over and over you seem to agree with the sentiment.