2023 Prospect Comparisons

Scoundrel

I know there are some that don’t like prospect comparisons but I really enjoy reading them and to see play styles/size/athleticism being compared of prospects to NFL Players/Prospects that came before them. It’s a fun exercise imo that should be taken with a grain of salt. With that being said I’d love to see some comparisons for this corner class:

Christian Gonzalez
Devon Witherspoon 
Kelee Ringo 
Joey Porter Jr 
Cam Smith
Emmanuel Forbes
Deonte Banks
Clark Phillips
Jaylon Jones
Tyrique Stevenson
Eli Ricks
Garrett Williams

51 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Christian Gonzalez

Marshon Lattimore

Devon Witherspoon

AJ Terrell

Kelee Ringo 

Jamel Dean

Joey Porter Jr 

Richard Sherman

Cam Smith

Jaylon Johnson

Emmanuel Forbes

Eli Apple

Deonte Banks

Ahkello Witherspoon

Clark Phillips

Chris Harris Jr.

Jaylon Jones

Kevin King

Tyrique Stevenson

Tough Antonio Cromartie

Eli Ricks

William Jackson 

Garrett Williams

Paulson Adebo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Christian Gonzalez - Tre Flowers
Devon Witherspoon - Darrelle Revis
Kelee Ringo - Eric Rowe
Joey Porter Jr - Ahkello Witherspoon
Cam Smith - Dre Kirkpatrick
Emmanuel Forbes - Shawntae Spencer
Deonte Banks - Patrick Robinson

So one of these is a hall of famer and the rest are average to below average? You underrate Gonzalez and his athleticism imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So one of these is a hall of famer and the rest are average to below average? You underrate Gonzalez and his athleticism imo. 

This class is so deep an 8th or 11th ranked guy could be just as good or better than the 2nd or 3rd.

Gonzalez's athleticism is the draw. But Flowers is plenty athletic. I could've put CJ Henderson.  ;)

Just now, BrownLeader said:

This class is so deep an 8th or 11th ranked guy could be just as good or better than the 2nd or 3rd.

Gonzalez's athleticism is the draw. But Flowers is plenty athletic. I could've put CJ Henderson.  ;)

He’s better than both those guys. And Flowers isn’t the athlete Gonzalez is. You’ll see soon.

• Like 2

Given the lack of specificity in the thread title, I'm ignoring the request for DBs and instead posting comps for other positions as I see fit.

Jalin Hyatt-Will Fuller: Fuller was a pure deep threat, and not much else.  That's Hyatt.  They're also of similar height and build.

Tyree Wilson-Jevon Kearse: Watching Wilson, I think of the Freak.  Height/weight/speed combo on Wilson looks special, but he needs a good bit of refining.

Luke Musgrave-Travis Kelce: I noticed Musgrave's tendency to do the block-to-set-up-the-pass thing that Kelce likes so much immediately.

Calijah Kancey-Rashad Weaver: The way he gets so easily into the backfield but not do much else once there looked quite a bit like an old teammate of his.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Given the lack of specificity in the thread title, I'm ignoring the request for DBs and instead posting comps for other positions as I see fit.

Jalin Hyatt-Will Fuller: Fuller was a pure deep threat, and not much else.  That's Hyatt.  They're also of similar height and build.

Tyree Wilson-Jevon Kearse: Watching Wilson, I think of the Freak.  Height/weight/speed combo on Wilson looks special, but he needs a good bit of refining.

Luke Musgrave-Travis Kelce: I noticed Musgrave's tendency to do the block-to-set-up-the-pass thing that Kelce likes so much immediately.

Calijah Kancey-Rashad Weaver: The way he gets so easily into the backfield but not do much else once there looked quite a bit like an old teammate of his.

It is for all prospects. I just was most interested in the corner group. 

• 2 weeks later...