2023 Prospect Comparisons

Scoundrel

On 2/13/2023 at 1:04 PM, Scoundrel said:

So one of these is a hall of famer and the rest are average to below average? You underrate Gonzalez and his athleticism imo. 

I think one can make comparisons of play style without suggesting they have a HOF career or are average players.   If a person says a player reminds them of Michael Jordan, they're not suggesting they are the greatest of all time, they're only saying their style of play is similar.    Simply the difference of suggesting a player is "like" another vs a player "is" that player

So, the build isn't the same, and I'm pretty sure Rice is faster, so call me crazy, but watching Rashee Rice, he looks a lot like Treylon Burks to me.  Not particularly quick, but a lot of jumping up for the ball, using size over dudes, and getting shut down by shifty guys in front of him in the intermediate game.

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So, the build isn't the same, and I'm pretty sure Rice is faster, so call me crazy, but watching Rashee Rice, he looks a lot like Treylon Burks to me.  Not particularly quick, but a lot of jumping up for the ball, using size over dudes, and getting shut down by shifty guys in front of him in the intermediate game.

I don't think Rice is faster. He seems slow to me. I'm not that high on him. He seems like a quality #2 WR that will put up numbers similar to a guy like Mohamed Sanu did.

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I don't think Rice is faster. He seems slow to me. I'm not that high on him. He seems like a quality #2 WR that will put up numbers similar to a guy like Mohamed Sanu did.

I'm not saying he'll blaze in a 40, but Burks timed very slowly in the 40.  I expect Rice's to be better.

Of course, watching him on tape, I also expected Burks' time to be better, so we'll see.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I'm not saying he'll blaze in a 40, but Burks timed very slowly in the 40.  I expect Rice's to be better.

Of course, watching him on tape, I also expected Burks' time to be better, so we'll see.

Sheesh I just googled it. 4.55? Weird...I knew he timed poorly, but that is bizarre.

Jalen Carter - Chris Jones

after all this news I just went back to watch him. 

he’s more agile and explosive but not as stout 

he’s as talented as a top 5 picks come. 

Devon Witherspoon plays to be like Sheldon Brown. He’s a great tackler one of the best tacklers as corner I’ve ever seen 

Edited by brownie man