John Fox is still employed

G08

It all boils down to how we play to close out the season. Nobody can deny the defense is improving, and really Mitch has been put behind the eight-ball. If he can still manage to move this offense and score, I could see an argument to bring Fox back in year 4 along with Loggains and Fangio (if Fangio wants).

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The coles notes of Adam Jahns point was that from what he understands Pace is taking the responsibility for the failures of the offense, no WR, terrible Glennon evaluation.

It's good to have a GM that takes responsibility for his mistakes. It's great to have one that doesn't make the mistakes to begin with.

Starting a rebuild with a one year OC. WR with 7th overall and Grasu with 2015 draft. Development or regression of Trubisky.

This could turn quickly into the Pace Swan Song thread.

Here are the numbers

Jonathan Wood

The Bears run on 72% of 1st downs, with >70% of plays being runs on 2nd and 10 or less, leaving them in 3rd and long more than 2/3 of the time. That and more on @dabearsblog about playcalling tendencies: dabearsblog.com/2017/data-entr…
      Multi-Quote This Message 

I'm willing to cut Fox a little slack... this roster was really, really freaking awful when he took over.

We have building blocks on offense and defense... and it sounds like they are going to take the training wheels off Trubisky moving forward.

I'm going to root for him and this team and we'll see where the chips fall when the season ends. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I'm willing to cut Fox a little slack... this roster was really, really freaking awful when he took over.

We have building blocks on offense and defense... and it sounds like they are going to take the training wheels off Trubisky moving forward.

I'm going to root for him and this team and we'll see where the chips fall when the season ends. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

Yep I'm sick of some future "great" coach we may have. I would rather Mitch ball out and show some serious progress and have us win 7 games with the arrow pointing up. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Yeah, but those were games against teams Vegas thought were worse than those terrible Bears teams.

On 07/11/2017 at 7:20 PM, WindyCity said:

Here are the numbers

Jonathan Wood

The Bears run on 72% of 1st downs, with >70% of plays being runs on 2nd and 10 or less, leaving them in 3rd and long more than 2/3 of the time. That and more on @dabearsblog about playcalling tendencies: dabearsblog.com/2017/data-entr…
      Multi-Quote This Message 

If this continues then it's going to be awfully hard to justify keeping Fox.

I don't see how this is positive development for a rookie QB when teams know the majority of the time what the offense is going to do on each given down.

This is not a recipe for long term success. 

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I just had a random thought- if the Packers lose out and Macarthy is fired how fast do we pick him up? He would be the ideal coach for Mitch IMO. The absolute no brainer. 

I see no way McCarthy is sacked...Thompson would be more to blame for giving them nothing but a one man roster.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I see no way McCarthy is sacked...Thompson would be more to blame for giving them nothing but a one man roster.

Seems like the Polian/Manning philosophy they talked about on The Score the other day. Polian knew if Manning got hurt their season was shot so he spent the minimum on the backup QB to try to better stack the rest of the roster. 

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agree with the beat guys.

This is a massive game for Fox. To come out of the bye and lose at home to a devastated Packers team would put him on life support.

Biggest game of the Foxy era

It’s a must win for sure for him. But he shouldn’t really gain anything by winning either IMO. We should win this game without Rodgers. 

Archived