2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

36 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

If you view that as his ceiling, then sure.  I don't see Kevin Garnett.  Maybe Chris Bosh.  I don't think he'll ever be a KG level defender, or offer the same playmaking ability KG had.  

If you see Bagley as a KG level ceiling, why is he not your top prospect?  That's a future 1st ballot player.

What's your top 10 right now?  Just big board.

Because it's a just a ceiling. I don't rate players based off solely one thing. 

3 lottery mock drafts. Random orders.

1.Phoenix-DeAndre Ayton||C||Arizona
2.Chicago-Marvin Bagley||PF||Duke
3.Sacramento-Luka Doncic||SG||Slovenia
4.Dallas-Mohammad Bamba||C||Texas
5.Atlanta-Michael Porter||SF||Missouri
6.Orlando-Trae Young||PG||Oklahoma
7.Memphis-Jaren Jackson||PF||Michigan State
8.Cleveland-Collin Sexton||PG||Alabama
9.New York-Wendell Carter||PF||Duke
10.Philadelphia-Mikal Bridges||SG||Villanova
11.Charlotte-Miles Bridges||SF/PF||Michigan State
12.LA Clippers-Daniel Gafford||C||Arkansas
13.Utah-Kevin Knox||SF/PF||Kentucky
14.LA Clippers-Zhaire Smith||SG||Texas Tech

1.Atlanta-DeAndre Ayton||C||Arizona
2.Detroit-Trae Young||PG||Oklahoma
3.Orlando-Michael Porter||SF||Missouri
4.Phoenix-Marvin Bagley||PF||Duke
5.Dallas-Luka Doncic||SG||Slovenia
6.Sacramento-Jaren Jackson||PF||Michigan State
7.Memphis-Mohammad Bamba||C||Texas
8.Cleveland-Collin Sexton||PG||Alabama
9.Chicago-Wendell Carter||PF||Duke
10.New York-Daniel Gafford||C||Arkansas
11.Philadelphia-Mikal Bridges||SG/SF||Villanova
12.Charlotte-Kevin Knox||SF/PF||Kentucky
13.Utah-Miles Bridges||SF/PF||Michigan State
14.LA Clippers-Zhaire Smith||SG||Texas Tech

1.Memphis-DeAndre Ayton||C||Arizona
2.Sacramento-Luka Doncic||SG||Slovenia
3.Phoenix-Marvin Bagley||PF||Duke
4.Dallas-Jaren Jackson||PF||Michigan State
5.Atlanta-Michael Porter||SF||Missouri
6.Orlando-Trae Young||PG||Oklahoma
7.Cleveland-Mohammad Bamba||C||Texas
8.Chicago-Wendell Carter||PF||Duke
9.New York-Daniel Gafford||C||Arkansas
10.Philadelphia-Mikal Bridges||SG/SF||Villanova
11.Charlotte-Kevin Knox||SF/PF||Kentucky
12.LA Clippers-Collin Sexton||PG||Alabama
13.Utah-Miles Bridges||SF/PF||Michigan State
14.LA Clippers-Lonnie Walker||SG/SF||Miami

1. Phoenix Suns - DeAndre Ayton | C | Arizona - Don't see the Suns letting Ayton leave the state considering he's a perfect fit with their current roster.
2. Dallas Mavericks - Luka Doncic | G | Real Madrid - No brainer here IMO. 
3. Atlanta Hawks - Marvin Bagley III | FC | Duke - I think Collins and Bagley can coexist in the front court in ATL. Neither is a true 5 but both possess elite athleticism and are monsters on the boards.
4. Orlando Magic - Trae Young | PG | Oklahoma - I despise this pick but the Magic are in a bad spot assuming they re-sign Aaron Gordon. I think they'd be better off trading back should that be an option.
5. Sacramento Kings - Jaren Jackson Jr | FC | Michigan State - Really hard to get a read on the Kings. They could go several different ways here. 
6. Memphis Grizzlies - Michael Porter Jr | SF | Missouri - Chandler Parsons and Dillon Brooks. That's their 3 spot. MPJ makes too much sense.
7. Cleveland Cavaliers (via BKN) - Mo Bamba | C | Texas - Cavs get their defensive anchor in the middle with massive upside.
8. Chicago Bulls - Mikal Bridges | GF | Villanova - Steps in day 1 as their SF and quickly becomes their best player not named Lauri.
9. New York Knicks - Miles Bridges | F | Michigan State - Knicks get a very safe player with some upside in Bridges at a position they need.
10. Philadelphia 76ers (via LAL) - Wendell Carter Jr | FC | Duke -
Though I really feel they need a long term 2 guard, Carter is the clear BPA here. Could see them taking Collin Sexton tho.
11. Charlotte Hornets - Kevin Knox | SF | Kentucky - Know I'm pretty much going chalk here but this pick makes too much sense. 
12. Los Angeles Clippers (via DET) - Collin Sexton | G | Alabama - Again, chalk. Clippers could be where the draft starts going nuts though. Really like Dzanan Musa here as well.
13. Utah Jazz - Daniel Gafford | C | Arkansas - Swerve. Don't think Robert Williams goes off the board here. Think Utah gambles on a big man with higher offensive upside.
14. Los Angeles Clippers - Dzanan Musa | F | KK Cedevita - Self explanatory pick.
15. Phoenix Suns (via MIA) - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander | PG | Kentucky - Phoenix can be patient with SGA with the acquisition of Elfrid Payton this trade deadline.

16. Chicago Bulls (via NOP) - Robert Williams | C | Texas A&M - Williams finally goes off the board to a team that desperately needs a 5 of the future.
17. Minnesota Timberwolves (via OKC) - Trevon Duval | PG | Duke -
Another case of a team being able to be patient with tantalizing PG upside. Duval is just scratching his surface.
18. Denver Nuggets - Anfernee Simons | SG | IMG Academy - Tough team to pick for because they could go SO many ways here. I think they can afford to, once again, gamble on upside.
19. Philadelphia 76ers - Gary Trent Jr | SG | Duke - This kid is pure fire from beyond the arc. Arguably the best shooter in the class. If this pick clicks, Philly is scary good.
20. Portland Trail Blazers - Vince Edwards | SF | Purdue - Personally, I think Edwards is a perfect fit in Portland. Might be a bit of a reach here but I think he's a 1st round talent.
21. Milwaukee Bucks - Mitchell Robinson | C | Chalmette HS - Tantalizing upside but comes with immense risk. Bucks need a big in the worst way, and they like to swing for the fences.
22. Washington Wizards - Brandon McCoy | C | UNLV - Another tantalizing big man. Big body, can bang with the best of them. Eats up the glass.
23. Indiana Pacers - Jalen Brunson | PG | Villanova - Arguably the best PG in the nation. Easy first round value that's bumped down due to young guns up top.
24. San Antonio Spurs - Austin Wiley | C | Auburn - Only got to see him one year at Auburn but he looked like a 1st round talent then.

25. Atlanta Hawks (via MIN) - Lonnie Walker | SG | Miami - Upside but inconsistent. Could go a lot higher if he nails the draft process.
26. Los Angeles Lakers (via CLE) - Grayson Allen | SG | Duke -
Been projecting him in this range for a while. Think he fits in really well with Lonzo Ball in the backcourt.
27. Boston Celtics - Allonzo Trier | SG | Arizona - Hard to project exactly where he'll go but I think he leaves Arizona this season.
28. Brooklyn Nets (via TOR) - Mo Wagner | PF | Michigan - Think he's going to be a really solid stretch 4 and the Nets need bigs in the worst way.
29. Golden State Warriors - Landry Shamet | G | Wichita State - Really don't want this to happen, man. Seams like the Warriors always find crazy value late.
30. Atlanta Hawks (via HOU) - Shake Milton | G | SMU - Really good value here for the Hawks. Milton could go as high as late lottery come draft time.

@bkobow05 Why do you have Doncic as no-brainer pick for Dallas? Think he's the best fit, clearly better than Bagley, or something else? I'd probably take Bagley there, considering you've already got Dennis Smith, and I like Doncic as the lone PG. He certainly could play the role of combo guard, but I'd rather take Bagley in that case, who I view as pretty interchangeable with Ayton at this juncture.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

@bkobow05 Why do you have Doncic as no-brainer pick for Dallas? Think he's the best fit, clearly better than Bagley, or something else? I'd probably take Bagley there, considering you've already got Dennis Smith, and I like Doncic as the lone PG. He certainly could play the role of combo guard, but I'd rather take Bagley in that case, who I view as pretty interchangeable with Ayton at this juncture.

I think Doncic is a great fit next to DSJ. They are both great with the ball in their hands and they both can play off the ball. I think they'd play off each other extremely well on offense. Plus, while I know DSJ isn't a great defender, he'd still allow Doncic to guard 2s. I can see Bagley as well but I just like the idea of building around that backcourt. Plus, helps that I'm huge on Doncic. 

On 2/26/2018 at 11:16 PM, bkobow05 said:

I think Doncic is a great fit next to DSJ. They are both great with the ball in their hands and they both can play off the ball. I think they'd play off each other extremely well on offense. Plus, while I know DSJ isn't a great defender, he'd still allow Doncic to guard 2s. I can see Bagley as well but I just like the idea of building around that backcourt. Plus, helps that I'm huge on Doncic. 

Also with the #2 pick you go BPA unless you have an absolute stud at that position. DSJ has shown a ton of potential, but you still take Donic unless you have Bagley rated the same as him. 

Full disclosure: As a Sixers fan, I saw how this can go with Noel/Embiid/Okafor. But on the same note, I'm happy we didn't go with Dante Exum over Embiid just cause we had Noel who played the same position and had a ton of potential at that point (even after missing his rokie year). 

42 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Hottest of takes Incoming:

Wizards should trade John Wall for the number one overall pick and take DeAndre Ayton.

If I had the first pick I wouldn't do it.

10 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

If I had the first pick I wouldn't do it.

Just off the top of my head I bet Phoenix and Orlando would do it in a second.  Atlanta probably not since they are too far away from being decent (atleast Phoenix and Orlando have plethoras of former lottery picks of which the jury is still out on to varying degrees).  Dallas is a wild card,  Wall doesn't fit with their best asset DSJ but I can't see Cuban passing up the opportunity to get a well known player like Wall on his team.  I'm blanking on who else is in contention.

But I think most GMs view John Wall as a superstar/face of the franchise type player and it would take some cohones to pass up that deal for a 19 year old whos career path could go any number of ways.  I think John Wall is pretty far ahead of the ceilings for any of the point guards in this draft.   I really like the idea of Wall to Phoenix for the number one pick if they get it. 

Archived