What should the Bills do?

notthatbluestuff

Allen and Diggs cap hits combine for almost 60 million this year. So when their Gm was like yeah the bengals aren’t paying Burrow/Chase yet that’s why they won he was being disingenuous. It’s technically true that Allen and Diggs were on long term contracts but their cap hits the first 2 years were dirt cheap compared to the production. Now it gets real 

Watching the Bills fizzle out every year IMHO just comes down to the fact they always have to ask Josh Allen to be superman for an entire game, and if he falters in any way, they lose. It's like this because they have zero commitment to their running game, and in some cases even their passing game looks so boring and unimaginative.

Signing Derrick Henry isn't going to fix that. They have capable backs on the roster, they're just vastly underutilized in a bad running scheme.

Don't know if this is a Ken Dorsey problem, an OL problem, both, or something else, but they've had a top 5 defense for years and can't seem to get over the hump with their "we're gonna throw 65 times a game with Josh Allen and also he's our entire running game" formula on offense when the playoffs roll around.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Watching the Bills fizzle out every year IMHO just comes down to the fact they always have to ask Josh Allen to be superman for an entire game, and if he falters in any way, they lose. It's like this because they have zero commitment to their running game, and in some cases even their passing game looks so boring and unimaginative.

Signing Derrick Henry isn't going to fix that. They have capable backs on the roster, they're just vastly underutilized in a bad running scheme.

Don't know if this is a Ken Dorsey problem, an OL problem, both, or something else, but they've had a top 5 defense for years and can't seem to get over the hump with their "we're gonna throw 65 times a game with Josh Allen and also he's our entire running game" formula on offense when the playoffs roll around.

Ding ding ding 

Buffalo doesn’t commit to the run, even when it’s working. They underutilize the pass catching backs that they’ve brought in. 

And the thing is, that was true IIRC even with Daboll. I’m not sure where the bucks stops in that regard. But if you want Allen to stop having to shoulder the load (which is still funny to me, given the elite defenses/elite WR/touted weapons coming into the season), it’ll have to start with the coaching. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Buffalo doesn’t commit to the run, even when it’s working. They underutilize the pass catching backs that they’ve brought in. 

And the thing is, that was true IIRC even with Daboll. I’m not sure where the bucks stops in that regard. But if you want Allen to stop having to shoulder the load (which is still funny to me, given the elite defenses/elite WR/touted weapons coming into the season), it’ll have to start with the coaching. 

Diggs is elite. Anyone who bought into Davis is a fool. Knox is underutilized between the 20’s, but is a good redzone threat. They’ve never used the backs as pass catchers which is a big gripe of mine

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Diggs is elite. Anyone who bought into Davis is a fool. Knox is underutilized between the 20’s, but is a good redzone threat. They’ve never used the backs as pass catchers which is a big gripe of mine

Gabe Davis is alright, he almost went for 1k this year he's just super inconsistent because he's basically only targeted on bombs. You guys need a top tier slot guy that Allen can dump the ball off too.

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gabe Davis is alright, he almost went for 1k this year he's just super inconsistent because he's basically only targeted on bombs. You guys need a top tier slot guy that Allen can dump the ball off too.

Tbh i really do think Shakir can be that guy.