Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

58 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wait did someone actually try to use QBR as a valid statistic in an argument.

Vince Vaughn Lol GIF by filmeditor

He uses them when it fits his argument - such as here. Try to use them (ANY of them) when debating someone such as Tom Brady and you’ll see how he’ll contort accordingly. The stat only matters when it fits his agenda, and he’s pretty brazen about it.

A person like this doesn’t debate in good faith, it’s why I have him on ignore and why I’m resorting to .gifs and such. I don’t take fools like him seriously… and I’d recommend others to do the same.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He uses them when it fits his argument - such as here. Try to use them (ANY of them) when debating someone such as Tom Brady and you’ll see how he’ll contort accordingly. The stat only matters when it fits his agenda, and he’s pretty brazen about it.

A person like this doesn’t debate in good faith, it’s why I have him on ignore and why I’m resorting to .gifs and such. I don’t take fools like him seriously… and I’d recommend others to do the same.

False. My argumentation is consistent. Folks are certainly free to contest my arguments, but I always argue in good faith. It takes a special kind of person to impugn the integrity of someone on the internet who they'll never meet. 

33 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It takes a special kind of person to impugn the integrity of someone on the internet who they'll never meet. 

1993, welcome to the internet.

Also, bold of you to assume @ET80will never find you. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Soko said:

“They were so good, they didn’t have to pass” is such a lame excuse. They were a run dominant team - that’s why they didn’t pass more. 

When the Patriots went 16-0 and Tom threw for 5000 and 50, were the Pats not dominant enough that they had to throw that much? What about the 2013 Broncos? Or the Chiefs? Dominant teams pass all the time, why? Because they can. Because that’s how they win.

I don't follow the argument. If you have a big lead in the 4th quarter, of course it is better to run and grind out first downs than it is to consistently pass, IF you have a dominant rushing offense that averages 5.5 y/c. 

Fewer plays = less risk for injury, players are fresher, less risk of turnover, etc. It's the optimal strategy. 

Acting like the Ravens were just so much head and shoulders above even the most dominant teams in NFL history (that, evidently, “had to” pass), that they just decided to mercy these teams and not throw all over them on top of running them down, is silly.

First off, I never said the ravens were more dominant than the most dominant teams. 

You aren't considering different types of dominance. Ravens held the ball for 34 minutes and 30 seconds a game, by far the best in the past 20 years. Sitting on a lead and grinding out first downs is just as dominating as for continuing to throw in the 4th quarter and piling up points, if not more so. It is a physical, imposing your will kind of dominance. It will end up with less points scored overall, though. 

• Like 1

Let's take a look at those GOAT level playoff stats...

Year Age Tm Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds Sk% NY/A ANY/A 4QC GWD
Career     4 4 1-3 76 136 55.9 900 3 2.2 5 3.7 37 39 6.6 5.4 11.8 225.0 68.3 19 113 12.3 5.08 4
2018 21 BAL QB 1 1 0-1 14 29 48.3 194 2 6.9 1 3.4 7 39 6.7 6.5 13.9 194.0 78.8 7 55 19.4 3.86 3.72    
2019*+ 22 BAL QB 1 1 0-1 31 59 52.5 365 1 1.7 2 3.4 18 38 6.2 5.0 11.8 365.0 63.2 4 20 6.3 5.48 4.37    
2020 23 BAL QB 2 2 1-1 31 48 64.6 341 0 0.0 2 4.2 12 31 7.1 5.2 11.0 170.5 68.1 8 38 14.3 5.41 3.80    

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

So you are critical of Lamar because he doesn't have enough counting stats (yards and TDs), and yet you have an issue with him throwing TDs with a lead in the 3rd quarter to put the game away. When exactly was Lamar supposed to accumulate his passing stats?   

I'm not critical, just replied to your post that he didn't have better stats because blowouts but he was throwing TDs in those games when up by 2, 3, and 4 scores, often late in games. He had his highest success throwing when staked to a big lead.

So while you claim he didn't have better stats because of the blowouts, I ask why, because when they weren't blowouts he struggled by comparison. All of his best passing stats ( specifically TDS) were in those games and he threw them with big leads late in the game, he didn't take his foot off of the gas. Throwing 5 TDs with 160 something passing yards in a game is crazy. I'm sure he holds the record for fewest yards on a 5 TD pass day, probably by 200 yards. I'm also sure he holds the record for most 5 TD games with under 250 yards passing, honestly he is probably the only guy to do it.

He knew how to take advantage of situations and accumulate stats when up by 30 late in a game. The other team had every chance to stop him so it's all fair but you can't use those games as a crutch as to why he didn't have more yards or TDs. 

Again, he was a great weapon in the regular season. It actually looked like he may make something of himself as a passer even though he threw to a lot of wide open guys. He just hasn't been able to adjust to defenses adjusting and he hasn't come close to the same output. Which is probably why he isn't getting what he wants, because he doesn't deserve it. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He had his highest success throwing when staked to a big lead.

Actually this is just not true:

Lamar's 2019 QB rating, splits by quarter:

1st quarter: 125
2nd quarter: 112.7
3rd quarter: 112
4th quarter: 101.4

It's quite clear he was best in the first quarter and got slightly worse every quarter. He had his best stats in the first quarter and first half of games. He had a 21/3 TD/INT in first halves and 15/3 TD/INT in second halves. 

He just hasn't been able to adjust to defenses adjusting and he hasn't come close to the same output. Which is probably why he isn't getting what he wants, because he doesn't deserve it. 

I'd argue that his subsequent decline in production has been primarily due to 1) injuries and degradation of offensive players, especially offensive line, and 2) Greg Roman's offensive play calling becoming stale, but yes it is also on Lamar to adapt and he hasn't always done that. 

But I agree he shouldn't get what he wants, he's being ridiculous.