Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wow, Ravens fans really turning on Lamar. Didn’t see that coming.

I'm in a fantasy league where maybe 5 guys are Ravens fans. All want to see him go. It's crazy.

I really hope one team is in on this to make it fun. Even the Commanders. 

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm in a fantasy league where maybe 5 guys are Ravens fans. All want to see him go. It's crazy.

I really hope one team is in on this to make it fun. Even the Commanders. 

Hard to like a guy when he plays the victim card because he isn't getting the 200 million guaranteed he feels entitled to.

• Like 3

Are the Ravens the only team that keeps an eye on the future. I thought when Ozzy left they would become like the other teams. This is pure genius. Had the paid Lamar they would be tied to that contract for a while. They've gotten some heat for not paying him already and if they traded him the PR wouldn't be good I'd bet. By allowing Mr. Jackson to go elsewhere and you either match or get 2 first round picks is brilliant and good PR. Both sides win if matched or let go. If I was an owner wanting him I'd pay him after the draft and hope for an excellent first two seasons to make those picks late 1st. 

Edit: Remember the Ravens won two Superbowls. One with Dilfer and the other with Flacco. The #1 ability is AVAILABILITY and was Lamar the starter in the playoffs for the Ravens this year?!? No he was injured and as exciting as he is to watch, his running is both a blessing and a curse. 

Edited by G
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I now think he will be back with the Ravens and be disgruntled about his contract and then sue the League for collusion. 

Gut feeling but he’d go the LeVeon route before playing on the tag. He would also lose that lawsuit for collusion. There’s been quite a few players that have all tried and all lost.  

EDIT - 

Collusion is so hard to prove because you need 32 owners, 32 GMs, likely 32 HCs, and the commish to all be in on it. That doesn’t account for all the staff that goes with that. 

Reportedly many owners are still pissed at the Browns for what they did with Watson, but even if you are a GM/Owner that isn’t a reason to collude against Lamar. 

I think the story here is the Browns did something wreckless that destroyed the relationship with Baker and put them into the point of no return. They had to do that to get Watson listening (because he was out on them before the contract was fully guaranteed) or else they had little hope at a QB last year. 

So I don’t think Lamar is being colluded against at all. I think he’s just learning the hard way that one team making a bad decision doesn’t mean they all will. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Gut feeling but he’d go the LeVeon route before playing on the tag. He would also lose that lawsuit for collusion. There’s been quite a few players that have all tried and all lost.  

EDIT - 

Collusion is so hard to prove because you need 32 owners, 32 GMs, likely 32 HCs, and the commish to all be in on it. That doesn’t account for all the staff that goes with that. 

Reportedly many owners are still pissed at the Browns for what they did with Watson, but even if you are a GM/Owner that isn’t a reason to collude against Lamar. 

I think the story here is the Browns did something wreckless that destroyed the relationship with Baker and put them into the point of no return. They had to do that to get Watson listening (because he was out on them before the contract was fully guaranteed) or else they had little hope at a QB last year. 

So I don’t think Lamar is being colluded against at all. I think he’s just learning the hard way that one team making a bad decision doesn’t mean they all will. 

I never said he would win or have a case but that he would sue.

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Stop it.

He had 7 TDs and 8 turnovers in the 9 games leading up to his injury. His QB rating in those games was 63, 71, 71, 80, 104, 87, 76, 87,

He was pff 5th ranked qb, nflpa 5th ranked qb by his peers, I said film wise not stat wise, his states won't be as good in a dominantly run heavy team with gro which is already figured out, also played less game then jalen and was only 5 td's ahead, top 10 in td's with missing significant time, was a top 6 qbr

He was constantly bailing on clean pockets last year and missing more open throws than any season since 2018

? Where you get the missed open throws from, every qb misses throw so don't know why that applies to him, bailing on clean pockets is true but do you see the pass concept? when they get out of the huddle it's barley time on the clock and all those other issues.

(INT in the endzone against Buffalo, fumble and INT in 2 straight drives to end the game against the Giants up 9 immediately come to mind

Agreed  especially the giants one, but there was games he was straight up the reason he won, also at some point the blame is going to have to come on the defense too.

He in no way, shape, or form was on track for his "best season yet". That's an utterly ridiculous thing to say. 

You misinterpreted me, what I meant is best season since coming from his mvp szn, which is why he would be a good fit with an actual ocm

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nobellythrower said:

He was pff 5th ranked qb, nflpa 5th ranked qb by his peers, I said film wise not stat wise, his states won't be as good in a dominantly run heavy team with gro which is already figured out, also played less game then jalen and was only 5 td's ahead, top 10 in td's with missing significant time, was a top 6 qbr

? Where you get the missed open throws from, every qb misses throw so don't know why that applies to him, bailing on clean pockets is true but do you see the pass concept? when they get out of the huddle it's barley time on the clock and all those other issues.

Agreed  especially the giants one, but there was games he was straight up the reason he won, also at some point the blame is going to have to come on the defense too.

You misinterpreted me, what I meant is best season since coming from his mvp szn, which is why he would be a good fit with an actual ocm

Ok, that makes more sense. I personally think his 2020 was much better than last year, but to each their own.

I do agree that he would/will look much better with Monken next year, but I'm pretty confident that he's going to hold out throughout TC so he won't be particularly up to speed with the new offense to start next year. I see that impacting his play next year, and that would be 3 straight years of play lower than 2019/2020

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I never said he would win or have a case but that he would sue.

He might but he shouldn't. He needs a dose of reality. Picking an imaginary fight with the NFL will not work out for him in the long run. With the way he's declined and with his durability in question the last thing he needs is for teams to also see him as problematic.

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Ok, that makes more sense. I personally think his 2020 was much better than last year, but to each their own.

Yeah stat wise you can say that, But watching film you can see his improve pocket presence, and being poised,and can't forget he threw for the longest aav or whatever it's called with 63 yards bomb in jax,  josh didn't do that, herbert didn't do that, mahomes didn't that, so we know lamar is only a hair arm strength wise below  mahomes, allen, would like to see him more utilized in passing game with pa which monken will do I assume.

The blame is on lamar though, gro, defense this just wasn't a good season, imo lamar going to stay a ravens so next year should be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He might but he shouldn't. He needs a dose of reality. Picking an imaginary fight with the NFL will not work out for him in the long run. With the way he's declined and with his durability in question the last thing he needs is for teams to also see him as problematic.

Of course he shouldn't but his feelings are getting hurt right now because he is the greatest QB and deserves to get paid more than Watson.  If teams are not paying him more than Watson then they must be colluding on it.  I would bet people at the NFLPA will tell him these things.

• Like 2

Just now, jebrick said:

Of course he shouldn't but his feelings are getting hurt right now because he is the greatest QB and deserves to get paid more than Watson.  If teams are not paying him more than Watson then they must be colluding on it.  I would bet people at the NFLPA will tell him these things.

Then he needs to grow up or get someone in the room with a level head. Reacting emotionally and surrounding yourselves/listening to Yes-Men is not the route to go. I can see why he would, but it's a big mistake.

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What happens to Lamar when Burrow signs a deal with guarantees no where close to $230 million?

There’s definitely a chicken and egg game happening with those QBs and franchises. Baltimore wants Burrow to sign fast so they have leverage with Lamar on guarantees, and Lamar wants Burrow to wait so he doesn’t lose the leverage. But if you are Burrow the same can go the other way - you want Lamar to sign to set the floor of a deal, but if you are Cincy you don’t want Lamar to sign so no bar is set.