Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

No burrow is not getting fully gtd, which isn't what lamar wants anyways otherwise burrow would get it by now,  If I gave advice to lamar simply wait for herbert who isn't better then him.

injury are a concern yes, but pretty sure teams aren't going to run him through stacked boxes like gro

if Burrow wants it, he will. Who's to say what he wants though. Lamar wants a fully GTD deal it's been public knowledge for over a year now.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

if Burrow wants it, he will. Who's to say what he wants though. Lamar wants a fully GTD deal it's been public knowledge for over a year now.

No because it's set up a market the owners don't, where are you getting this from.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar wants a fully GTD deal it's been public knowledge for over a year now.

Not true just speculation, but josina has already said he doesn't want a fully gtd, but who knows it's just decosta and lamar

38 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Scenario A: Lamar gets $100MM guaranteed evenly over 4 years, asks for it in cash. Every year he gets $25MM in cash USD.

Scenario B: Lamar gets $100MM guaranteed evenly over 4 years, asks for it to be paid in shares of the S&P 500, the Ravens buy $100MM worth of stock, and over the next 4 years he gets those shares. If the S&P goes up 10% each year, first year is $25MM, second year $27.5MM, etc. etc.

• Like 2

Clearly just the owners pumping out falsehoods to Schefter

Basically no one can tell me it isn’t collusion because my brain won’t allow it and will come up with reasons to disprove you  

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Clearly just the owners pumping out falsehoods to Schefter

Basically no one can tell me it isn’t collusion because my brain won’t allow it and will come up with reasons to disprove you  

I think if all these teams didn't come out and say within an hour that they aren't pursuing him, it would have helped the no collusion cause.

That said, just because we know, there's no way to prove it. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think if all these teams didn't come out and say within an hour that they aren't pursuing him, it would have helped the no collusion cause.

That said, just because we know, there's no way to prove it. 

I was being tongue-in-cheek, I don’t think there’s collusion here. 

It does strike me as odd that there were so many reports of teams not interested, but I don’t see a valid reason for why or how the owners would come together on this to help out Baltimore. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I was being tongue-in-cheek, I don’t think there’s collusion here. 

Ah. Well... I don't think there it's completely collusion free. He's too good of a player at the most important position for teams to not at least inquire. It might not take a fully guaranteed deal to get it done. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

It does strike me as odd that there were so many reports of teams not interested, but I don’t see a valid reason for why or how the owners would come together on this to help out Baltimore. 

True. But it's because of more and more precedent it might send. 

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ah. Well... I don't think there it's completely collusion free. He's too good of a player at the most important position for teams to not at least inquire. It might not take a fully guaranteed deal to get it done. 

True. But it's because of more and more precedent it might send. 

What do other teams get out of helping out Baltimore here, though? Protection against GTD deals becoming the norm, alright, but the disinterest isn't really necessary for that. Like, if 5 teams all made offers to Lamar that were in the realm of what Baltimore was offering, then that still nips the GTD contract nonsense in the bud. They don’t all have to come together and pump out disinterest to accomplish that. 

They’re obviously not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts to help make a better deal for Baltimore. Nor can I really buy that the NFL owners  just hate Lamar specifically. There’s also that “other” reason but given the deals that've been given out the last handful of years, I find that hard to buy too. 

It’s still a weird situation to me. But Occam’s razor is that these teams just have a feel for Lamar’s price tag and don’t want to waste their time. That makes much more sense than all these owners getting together and uniformly coming together on this hate campaign against Lamar Jackson, potentially to their own detriment and Baltimore’s gain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

but the disinterest isn't really necessary for that.

Yeah I still can't explain it. It's a little strange. 

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

But Occam’s razor is that these teams just have a feel for Lamar’s price tag and don’t want to waste their time.

It's definitely possible. 

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

What do other teams get out of helping out Baltimore here, though?

I don't think every decision maker leaks exclusively because they'll get something out of it directly.

Jackson's famous, every single one of these guys is going to have media people hounding them if they're interested. Seems like a pretty easy thing to deny, just to get the flying monkey journalists off their back. But when that happens 32 times it looks goofy.

• Like 2

Lot of this collusion talk just seems like a semantic game. Are teams really "not interested" in Lamar, or are they just interested in him in the same financial ballpark that the Ravens are, and thus there's no real point in going after him? 

Is it collusion if Deshaun Watson's contract turns out to be an outlier, or does it just reflect the fact that Watson's contract was a surprise to begin with and the one team we know is willing to give out a contract like that is, as a result, off the board as far as possible Lamar suitors are concerned? 

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I wonder if Lamar would be willing to take a 3 or 4 year fully guaranteed deal. He's clearly not going to get a 5 year one while being tagged.

It’s virtually guaranteed he’s going to come off his alleged demands, one way or another. 

Whether it’s the years, total dollars, or GTD portion. I think he’s going to play this year on that tag and then, hopefully for him, he has a big season and can cash in a bit more next year.