Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why would these clubs willingly waste their time?

Waste their time how? Who is telling them how the negotiations with the Ravens are going and exactly what Lamar is asking for? The Ravens? Don't they have an interest in scaring teams away from negotiating with him anyways?

I am not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of who knows what and how, but you can't know what he wants if you aren't willing to negotiate. So to me the only logical conclusion that is left for me is these teams aren't interested in paying Lamar like a FQB and sending two first round picks to the Ravens for him... which is fair, but still very surprising to me that none of them are in on him.

44 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Because his best season was 4 years ago and a one-off to date? 

He was literally pff 5th ranked this szn

46 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's like someone saying Jameis Winston is a 5k QB at this point, because that's how long ago it was? 

I mean people are still saying rogers is a top qb , also jameis had like 30 int so try something else

47 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Besides, last time I checked, players being ranked by their peers wasn't a particularly good bargaining chip when that's all you're bringing to the table....Watch any team based 30 for 30, there's bound to be some lackluster no-name that is talked up by his peers as being the best at something. 

Being ranked by the people he play against isn't good? Should I listen to fans like you or the people who play against him LOL.

49 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If Lamar wants a big fat contract full of guarantees, he should have played better. It's really as simple as that. If the Ravens felt about Lamar the way some fans do, he'd get $2.5bn guaranteed. Lol

Nah the point is to not make the deshaun contract the standard

But then if you are sure the Ravens will match any offer he signs why would you even begin negotiations with him. Its a quite interesting proposition of letting them tag him until they really can't anymore and then sign him without having to give up 2 firsts or basically stil not getting him because another team can just match it and you just negotiated a contract for another team.

48 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Waste their time how? Who is telling them how the negotiations with the Ravens are going and exactly what Lamar is asking for? The Ravens? Don't they have an interest in scaring teams away from negotiating with him anyways?

I am not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of who knows what and how, but you can't know what he wants if you aren't willing to negotiate. So to me the only logical conclusion that is left for me is these teams aren't interested in paying Lamar like a FQB and sending two first round picks to the Ravens for him... which is fair, but still very surprising to me that none of them are in on him.

Someone posted it earlier, but the new team would have their money tied up until the Ravens make a decision. We’re 6 days out from free agency, I’m sure teams would rather not have funds up in the air and would rather keep that problem on Baltimore’s doorstep.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Someone posted it earlier, but the new team would have their money tied up until the Ravens make a decision. We’re 6 days out from free agency, I’m sure teams would rather not have funds up in the air and would rather keep that problem on Baltimore’s doorstep.

Ya that is fair for sure.... guess there is just no rush since Baltimore has taken this long to extend him anyways.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

These negotiations have been going on for almost 2 years now so if you think other clubs don't have access to media reports or don't know what's going on with these negotiations in private idk what to tell you lol

everyone knows he's asking for a fully GTD contract so if you know you're not gonna offer that, why even bother? They'd sit Lamar down, offer him, that offer becomes official and they can't do anything in fA and then the Ravens just match it and it's gg.

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is like a Swiss cheese model of suck for Jackson. So much had to go wrong for this to occur. He played this horribly and I doubt that this would have been allowed to happen if he had an agent

I mean, those were all choices he made himself. He chose to gamble on himself playing better - he didn't. He chose to not have an agent - he should've had one. He chose to die on the "I want a fully GTD contract" hill - lol. 

He made bad choices and he's had awful advising from the NFLPA or whoever is advising him.

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

These negotiations have been going on for almost 2 years now so if you think other clubs don't have access to media reports or don't know what's going on with these negotiations in private idk what to tell you lol

everyone knows he's asking for a fully GTD contract so if you know you're not gonna offer that, why even bother? They'd sit Lamar down, offer him, that offer becomes official and they can't do anything in fA and then the Ravens just match it and it's gg.

So your expectation is that the rest of the league extends no offer and lets the Ravens have Lamar under contract for $32M for his age 26 season?

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

So your expectation is that the rest of the league extends no offer and lets the Ravens have Lamar under contract for $32M for his age 26 season?

I think it's plausible a highly desperate team goes through with a fully guaranteed offer, but pretty unlikely.

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, those were all choices he made himself. He chose to gamble on himself playing better - he didn't. He chose to not have an agent - he should've had one. He chose to die on the "I want a fully GTD contract" hill - lol. 

He made bad choices and he's had awful advising from the NFLPA or whoever is advising him.

He seems to be a ship without a rudder. And now he is doubling (tripling) down on stupid. He lost, and at this point it is damage control. He is too proud, or perhaps ignorant, to have a clue of what to do. 

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I think it’s very possible. It’s a brilliant move by the Ravens financially. Granted…this absolutely destroys their rapport with Jackson, but if Jackson was a robot or a player on Madden this would be pretty darn impressive how they put Jackson in this corner

33 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yes, otherwise they're just doing our negotiating for us. More realistically is that no team offers Lamar what he wants, so he comes back to the table with Baltimore and signs a non-fully guaranteed extension.

26 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

He seems to be a ship without a rudder. And now he is doubling (tripling) down on stupid. He lost, and at this point it is damage control. He is too proud, or perhaps ignorant, to have a clue of what to do. 

Bingo.

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes, otherwise they're just doing our negotiating for us. More realistically is that no team offers Lamar what he wants, so he comes back to the table with Baltimore and signs a non-fully guaranteed extension.

Bingo.

The Ravens should be low balling the hell out of him right now. If it was up to me I would force him to play on the tag one more year, then let him walk. 

Lamars production doesn't match his ego. Guy has been complaining non stop about the money like a spoiled brat and when he didn't get what he wanted he quit on the team the first opportunity he had.

Let's say they do give him the money he wants, would you put it past him to pull this same crap 2-3 years from now when he feels "underpaid"? I wouldnt.

• Like 3