Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And if you're a Browns fan and all it costed was a fully GTD contract to a serial sexual assaulter to guarantee that your AFC North rival wouldn't be able to keep arguably the most physically gifted QB of all-time on their team, would you take that trade? I think most Browns fans would. Idk, @MWil23?

I would be fine with Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, especially if they had to pay him a huge chunk of money. This definitely screws Baltimore in the short-term, as their entire organization functions to play off of Lamar's strengths, but I think this could set them up better long-term if they're able to get something of good value for him.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And if you're a Browns fan and all it costed was a fully GTD contract to a serial sexual assaulter to guarantee that your AFC North rival wouldn't be able to keep arguably the most physically gifted QB of all-time on their team, would you take that trade? I think most Browns fans would. Idk, @MWil23?

I gave up 90% of my fandom when they made the trade a year ago, so watching the entire city of Baltimore lose their collective minds, including Ozzie Smith even blaming Cleveland, and then play the victim is at least a nice silver lining.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You just knew the morality police were coming….lol

• Like 1

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

I would be fine with Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, especially if they had to pay him a huge chunk of money. This definitely screws Baltimore in the short-term, as their entire organization functions to play off of Lamar's strengths, but I think this could set them up better long-term if they're able to get something of good value for him.

I think we'd be more screwed if Greg Roman was here, but since Todd Monken was hired we have a chance to have an actual pro-style offense. Of course, that's more of a gamble than anything since Roman's offense proved time and time again it could produce at least 16ppg with Tyler Huntley and still be an elite rushing offense.

So who knows. I just hate having to start all over again after FINALLY finding what seemed like a franchise QB.

24 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Jackson has been able to negotiate with other teams since he was tagged. Hence the NFL's memo to not negotiate with his brother's uncle's former roommate's trainer or whoever that other guy was.

I think we can call him what he is/who he is:

A guy who put a few light dumbbells and a yoga mat in a rolling suitcase then convinced a delusional millionaire to back him in an outrageous business proposal.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I gave up 90% of my fandom when they made the trade a year ago, so watching the entire city of Baltimore lose their collective minds, including Ozzie Smith even blaming Cleveland, and then play the victim is at least a nice silver lining.

Boom, they have been gifted championship teams and all types of success. Let them get used to hard times and controversy Season 3 Menu GIF by The Simpsons

Just now, MWil23 said:

I think we can call him what he is/who he is:

A guy who put a few light dumbbells and a yoga mat in a rolling suitcase then convinced a delusional millionaire to back him in an outrageous business proposal.

Yeah he's the lovechild of Alex Guerrero and Jack Easterby.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The same way we feel about Art Modell so there’s that

Maybe 1/53rd as much. The rage that they're feeling now is in regards to a single solitary player. Give up all 53 of them for a 3 year period and completely restarting with a castoff draft and then maybe they'll understand.

• Like 1

When they're all started I genuinely believed a team would trade for jackson.

Now in retrospect, I realize I was wrong. I think when the dust settles Jackson is going to have to make 1 of 2 choices; either A) he plays for baltimore or B) he doesn't play in 2023.

Obviously as a steeler fan I would love nothing better than to see jackson play pretty much anywhere else. Having said that I think we should all be able to agree that when Jackson says Baltimore is not meeting his value. The truth is maybe jackson's value on himself is not realistic to what the market says his value really is.

In all seriousness, let's not undersell the fact that this is going to make Cleveland off-season AFC North Champs for like the 15th year in a row. Sure I may hate myself come September, but from now through August, I at least have everyone else's misery to bask in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I didn't realize the greatest defensive shortstop of all time chimed in. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

When they're all started I genuinely believed a team would trade for jackson.

Now in retrospect, I realize I was wrong. I think when the dust settles Jackson is going to have to make 1 of 2 choices; either A) he plays for baltimore or B) he doesn't play in 2023.

Obviously as a steeler fan I would love nothing better than to see jackson play pretty much anywhere else. Having said that I think we should all be able to agree that when Jackson says Baltimore is not meeting his value. The truth is maybe jackson's value on himself is not realistic to what the market says his value really is.

Outside team meeting Jackson contract demands AND sending 2 firsts to BAL was very unlikely.

Open market where no draft picks are needed, the valuation changes....though probably not to Watson level contract