Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm getting major Khalil Mack trade vibes. Very different situation of course, but I have never been so down as a Raider fan than waking up and seeing we traded Khalil away. Franchise player, award winner, face of the team, elite production... gone because of apparent financial discrepencies. 

Dark, dark times ahead for Raven fans.

At least the Ravens still have a good roster overall and they'll likely get picks this year so the excitement around new guys (likely Richardson) likely dims some of the disappointment.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

As someone that took a ton of abuse from Ravens fans when the Steelers tagged Bell the 2nd time and didn’t get a contract signed - I’m loving what’s going on right now.

Will Lamar follow Bell's lead and become a rapper/boxer now? Will be interesting to follow 🤔

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’ve been over this. The transitive property of the Irsay family is why I hate the Colts. And no it doesn’t absolve Baltimore for doing the same thing that happened to them.

He didn't do the same thing, though. They left your franchise's history, and the city of Cleveland agreed to build a new stadium for the new Browns after Modell was hemorrhaging money due to the dump they were playing in. 

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

As someone that took a ton of abuse from Ravens fans when the Steelers tagged Bell the 2nd time and didn’t get a contract signed - I’m loving what’s going on right now.

And I'm still loving that the Steelers haven't won a single playoff game since they tagged Bell. 

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

He didn't do the same thing, though. They left your franchise's history, and the city of Cleveland agreed to build a new stadium for the new Browns after Modell was hemorrhaging money due to the dump they were playing in. 

1. The city sued Modell

2. Art spurned the sin tax stadium offer which is the same that gave the city the Q and Jacob’s/Progressive Field then played the victim 

3. Nobody feels bad for a billionaire losing money who fired 2 of the greatest 3 coaches in the history of the game 

4. They should replace the sod where he’s buried with a urinal and a dance floor. It’ll probably save them on upkeep in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Will Lamar follow Bell's lead and become a rapper/boxer now? Will be interesting to follow 🤔

Would be hilarious.  I honestly took a lot of abuse for saying the Steelers were doing what we had the right to do - tag him to keep exclusive negotiations.  Bell became unreasonable and wanted something few teams were willing to give him.  And Ravens fans on twitter were telling me the Steelers were trash for preventing a player from getting what he wanted, we should just release him, NFL should force us to trade him for a 7th…so on and so forth.

Now its funny to see some of those same players complain that Lamar is being unreasonable, the Ravens are doing what’s allowed, and the best one “we’re right since no one wants to sign him”.  That one kinda cracks me up because if Lamar had an open market (aka no tag) he would get the deal he wants.  No one wants to give up 2 1sts and $200mil fully GTD.

Just now, MWil23 said:

When did Lamar return to his 2019 form again?

When did I say that he did? You said Goff hasn't regressed, the reason the Rams traded him was because he regressed between 2019-2020, he wasn't great his first year in Detroit, and then he returned to form last year.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Look Angus, up until now I’ve been congenial. I get that you’re taking out your last 13 months of being wrong on me, but just look in the mirror, take a deep breath, and say “I was wrong, Lamar is gone.” From there, start realizing that he actually sucks and you’re better off without him and have a pro bowl quarterback who has actually progressed and/or didn’t quit on his team playing for you.

You might be confusing me with another Ravens poster. I haven't made any bold proclamations whether Lamar will be resigned, and have been pretty sour on him coming back since the Bengals playoff loss.