Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, it's obvious you just hate Rodgers and are arguing in bad faith.

If you wouldn't want to trade for Rodgers because of his age? Fine. But he's been better than Lamar in recent years. Plus, Lamar's game is unlikely to age well unless he vastly improves as a passer.

I never said Lamar was better in recent years.  Dude was moving goalposts.  I said I would trade for Lamar instead of Rodgers because at his age I expect him to decline rapidly.

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And most of those Pro Bowlers are still on the team or were a product of Lamar's offense. For goodness sakes, Mark Ingram was a Pro Bowler that year!

I had a Ravens fan argue with me he was better than Nick Chubb, so I’m now going to pretend he was right to cherry pick the Lamar is a byproduct of talent around him narrative

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

The scratch off I bought an hour ago could be worth 50k. What's more likely? Hitting that 50k or me just being a degenerate gambler? 

If he needs 2/3rds of the offense around him to be above average then maybe he isn't as good as you think he is.

To be clear, this tweet is 2020-2022.

We are throwing out Lamar's best season, because that is a requirement for discussing him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Not going to acknowledge that you overrated the 2019 supporting cast?

I want to hear your Seth Roberts is underrated take.

They were the best team in the league that year. Don't know how you can consider that overrated when the only reason they lost in the playoffs was because their MVP QB **** the bed.

Just now, StatKing said:

They were the best team in the league that year. Don't know how you can consider that overrated when the only reason they lost in the playoffs was because their MVP QB **** the bed.

Sorry, I didn't know you were this level of clueless before quote replying to you. I support posters like you doing their best.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StatKing said:

The scratch off I bought an hour ago could be worth 50k. What's more likely? Hitting that 50k or me just being a degenerate gambler? 

If he needs 2/3rds of the offense around him to be above average then maybe he isn't as good as you think he is.

All MVPs have very strong support.

He needs to 2/3rds of the offense to be above average to be unanimous MVP.

He still can lead a good offense even when his supporting cast is injured/bad.  

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And an elite defense that won't ask him to pass the ball a ton because they're playing from behind.

I think you have it reversed. The 2019 defense was very good because they were always playing from ahead, and Wink got to unveil his full package of blitzes. 

Overall Lamar's defenses have been top-10ish but not elite, except in 2021 when they were bottom 5.

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

I think you have it reversed. The 2019 defense was very good because they were always playing from ahead, and Wink got to unveil his full package of blitzes. 

Overall Lamar's defenses have been top-10ish but not elite, except in 2021 when they were bottom 5.

2018: 2nd

2019: 3rd

2020: 2nd

2021: 19th

2022: 3rd

They've given up an average of 19.4 ppg in his 61 career starts.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Local insider has said same thing about Lamar’s commitment to a pro-level physical routine the past year or so. Almost like it’s not a coincidence the guy misses more practices for “non-covid illness” than any player i’ve ever seen lol

What are the sleep habits?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

2018: 2nd

2019: 3rd

2020: 2nd

2021: 19th

2022: 3rd

They've given up an average of 19.4 ppg in his 61 career starts.

PPG is a bit misleading because the Ravens have had a dominant rushing attack, shortening the game and suppressing scoring. 

Defensive DVOA:

2019: 5th

2020: 9th

2021: 28th

2022: 7th

Again, top-10ish, but not dominant. 

Edited by AngusMcFife
forgot term

10 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

PPG is a bit misleading because the Ravens have had a dominant rushing attack, shortening the game and suppressing scoring. 

Defensive DVOA:

2019: 5th

2020: 9th

2021: 28th

2022: 7th

Again, top-10ish, but not dominant. 

Only the Patriots have allowed fewer points since Lamar arrived in Baltimore.