Vikings release WR Adam Thielen

SteelKing728

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think he'll have a market with contending teams, maybe the Jets if they end up landing Aaron Rodgers.

That is where I thought would be a good landing spot. Thielen has spent his entire life in MN so it has to be weird potentially leaving the state to finish his career. Can’t imagine he goes to a team that isn’t a contender but he very well could be looking to cash out too and get one big payday on a bad team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think he'll have a market with contending teams, maybe the Jets if they end up landing Aaron Rodgers.

I heard Rodgers and him were close so that makes a ton of sense.  If he comes for at or under 10M we can cut Davis and save cap.

Edit: After closer look he seems washed, I'll probably just keep Davis and hope he can stay healthy.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I heard Rodgers and him were close so that makes a ton of sense.  If he comes for at or under 10M we can cut Davis and save cap.

Edit: After closer look he seems washed, I'll probably just keep Davis and hope he can stay healthy.

Thielen over the last two years: 137 receptions, 1,442 yards, 16 TD

Davis over the last two years: 66 receptions, 1,028 yards, 6 TD

One of them is worth $10M and the other is kinda washed?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thielen over the last two years: 137 receptions, 1,442 yards, 16 TD

Davis over the last two years: 66 receptions, 1,028 yards, 6 TD

One of them is worth $10M and the other is kinda washed?

Davis was QB and injury driven.  Thielen was in a much better spot with JJ and Cousins.

Maybe washed was a strong word more like declining.  Davis with Rodgers and some health luck I think could be better.  What is Thielen signing for?  Probably over 10M I would think.  

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Davis was QB and injury driven.  Thielen was in a much better spot with JJ and Cousins.

Maybe washed was a strong word more like declining.  Davis with Rodgers and some health luck I think could be better.  What is Thielen signing for?  Probably over 10M I would think.  

So you expect him to be healthy now when he hasn't been able to stay healthy over the last couple of years?

Thielen has 30 TD over the last three seasons, he can still play. I think he'll get significantly less than that.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So you expect him to be healthy now when he hasn't been able to stay healthy over the last couple of years?

Thielen has 30 TD over the last three seasons, he can still play. I think he'll get significantly less than that.

Davis can give you 14-15 games, he's that type of guy getting nicked up.  As a number 3 WR you could do worse. 

At the right price I guess I'd make the swap.