I was bored, made some trades, have a mock.

Danger

Yup take it for the Falcons and throw that bad boy straight into the trash :D   I wouldn't take Richardson in round 1 at all although i would still take him over Levis who i wouldn't even take in round 2.     Also if Richardson, Levis, and Ridder were in the same draft i would take Ridder over both of them. 

if the Falcons trade up for 6 and Anderson or carter are both there then by god you take Anderson or carter no questions asked.   Richardson is absolutely hated on the Falcons website

• Like 1

Terrible mock for the Falcons. I don't mind the trade up a couple of spots. But for Richardson? That's not happening nor should it happen. He's not a fit here at all. They care a lot about off field and leadership at QB and he hasn't shown the ability to elevate the players around him. 

Now for Carter? That they would do. He was a captain and speeding/racing aside, he was great off field for the Bulldogs.

• Like 1

Arizona should at least make a show of entertaining trade offers to get the Colts to panic and swap #4 for #3.

Atlanta may prefer to tank.  I can see them taking Richardson at #8 but not trading up for him, denying the Raiders the chance to shoot themselves in the foot.  

"Never interrupt an opponent while he's making a mistake." - Napolean

New England should grab Myles Murphy at #15.

The rest looks good to me.  Nice work, Danger.

40 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Arizona should at least make a show of entertaining trade offers to get the Colts to panic and swap #4 for #3.

Atlanta may prefer to tank.  I can see them taking Richardson at #8 but not trading up for him, denying the Raiders the chance to shoot themselves in the foot.  

Im telling you, man, Atlanta likes Ridder a helluva lot more than people here do. He’s going to start in 2023. 

47 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Im telling you, man, Atlanta likes Ridder a helluva lot more than people here do. He’s going to start in 2023. 

Understood.  To be clear:  In this context "tank" is just shorthand for "starting the 5th ranked QB from a poor crop as opposed to trading up to #3 for the second highest ranked QB in a strong draft."

Were I the Falcons GM on a long term guaranteed contract I'd tank, too, but with a twist.  I'd concentrate on defense but take Hendon Hooker along the way.  Start Ridder until he falters and switch to Hooker when he's ready to go.  If both fail I sell the family jewels and trade up in 2024.

GMs don't usually think long term, though.  In the NFL tankers tend to fare about as well as they did at Kursk.

2 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Understood.  To be clear:  In this context "tank" is just shorthand for "starting the 5th ranked QB from a poor crop as opposed to trading up to #3 for the second highest ranked QB in a strong draft."

Were I the Falcons GM on a long term guaranteed contract I'd tank, too, but with a twist.  I'd concentrate on defense but take Hendon Hooker along the way.  Start Ridder until he falters and switch to Hooker when he's ready to go.  If both fail I sell the family jewels and trade up in 2024.

GMs don't usually think long term, though.  In the NFL tankers tend to fare about as well as they did at Kursk.

Fontenot and Smith were given 4 years to get the team to the playoffs. They really like Ridder more for off field than anything else. And he has connection with his receivers. That does matter. Again, I get you probably don’t even watch the falcons at all. But Ridder showed competence at a minimum in his last three games. I think he’ll take a jump this year and people will look at him like Hurts or Wilson. 

also, Richardson is probably QB3 in this class, but these QBs outside of Stroud and Young are super overrated because of physical skills. The mental side for Levi’s and Richardson and the mechanics for both need a lot of work. More work than a team should be willing to put in for a top 10 pick. 

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Terrible mock for the Falcons. I don't mind the trade up a couple of spots. But for Richardson? That's not happening nor should it happen. He's not a fit here at all. They care a lot about off field and leadership at QB and he hasn't shown the ability to elevate the players around him. 

Now for Carter? That they would do. He was a captain and speeding/racing aside, he was great off field for the Bulldogs.

TBH. I don't y'all don't like it, but I absolutely could see it happening. Nothing to me suggests that the Falcons are content with Ridder. It's not a move would make, but I think it's incredibly plausible, perhaps likely. Desperate for a QB, Arthur Jones.

4 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I on principle, do not believe in trading up 1 spot. Hell I can only remember a few instances of it. Trent Richardson and Mitch Trubisky. 

See above post.

I would've probably opted for JSN there, Mac Jones needs a WR or he's DOA. I went with Zay Flowers because I've heard rumors that NE loves Zay.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Tyree Wilson over Jalen Carter for Seattle?

I definitely gave it consideration. 3 reasons I went along with Tyree Wilson.

1. EDGE > DI in terms of positional importance
2. I don't think the gap between them is as big as others do, but Jalen Carter is still somewhat superior.
3. The off the field stuff might be a reason he falls down some draft boards, that stuff has never stopped the Raiders from taking questionable human beings.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

TBH. I don't y'all don't like it, but I absolutely could see it happening. Nothing to me suggests that the Falcons are content with Ridder. It's not a move would make, but I think it's incredibly plausible, perhaps likely. Desperate for a QB, Arthur Jones.

Except that they’ve all been praising Ridder this off-season from the owner to the HC to the GM. Except for the fact that all the moves they’ve been making suggest they’re sticking with Ridder. The actions are speaking louder than anything else that they love Ridder.