The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

So how long until Oli gets the boot? 

If they want to fire Oli to shake up the clubhouse, so be it. Let's not act though like this is a managerial issue solely. A good portion of these players have not performed and in some cases have been downright awful to date. Some of these date back to last year too. 

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If they want to fire Oli to shake up the clubhouse, so be it. Let's not act though like this is a managerial issue solely. A good portion of these players have not performed and in some cases have been downright awful to date. Some of these date back to last year too. 

That is true, but the managerial problem is by far the most damaging issue. The guy doesn't know when to pull pitchers and who to put in. Still being winless in series openers at this point is unacceptable. Our roster has too much talent to be this bad.

Obviously the rest of the team has to improve as well, but Oli makes some of the worst moves I've seen consistently. His ego won't let him learn from his mistakes, and doesn't seem like the kind of guy his troops rally around. Still think it was weird Yadi just went MIA for so long last season, but I'd bet it was Oli related. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Another day, another L

Who would have thought the Cardinals would be this bad?  T-4th worst record in baseball with Colorado and only behind Oakland/Las Vegas, Kansas City, and Chicago (AL).

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who would have thought the Cardinals would be this bad?  T-4th worst record in baseball with Colorado and only behind Oakland/Las Vegas, Kansas City, and Chicago (AL).

I honestly thought we'd be one of the best teams in the league. We just can't get right. No offense, no starting pitching, no bullpen. 

42 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I honestly thought we'd be one of the best teams in the league. We just can't get right. No offense, no starting pitching, no bullpen. 

Questionable managerial decision, poor roster management (why is Taylor Motter on this team vs. Yepez), defense has been shoddy, the list just goes on and on.

• Like 4

On 5/3/2023 at 11:50 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Questionable managerial decision

I am going to sound so old man here, but Ryan Helsley seriously cant go through two "up downs" and still throw pitches? The guy thew 10 PITCHES! Hes thrown 21 in the past week. It may have been the worst excuse Ive ever heard Marmol use. 

Yes, the roster construction obviously wasnt good enough, but I saw what they were believing/hoping in. Nothing you can do about that now. Marmol is so in over his head its embarrassing. Its just as much Mo's fault, because his fragile ego cant handle a manager who has any bit of their own agency.

If Arenado actually is hurt and we aren't sitting him down, or Matz is as well and we haven't shut him down, thats worse than the Motter/Yepez stuff

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am going to sound so old man here, but Ryan Helsley seriously cant go through two "up downs" and still throw pitches? The guy thew 10 PITCHES! Hes thrown 21 in the past week. It may have been the worst excuse Ive ever heard Marmol use. 

I think Oli was in a darned if you do darned if you don't situation there. Gio has been really good this year too. I don't blame Oli for that one and I'm far from an Oli apologist. 

The team stopped playing for Oli when he threw O’Neil under the bus. It’s that simple.…..I’ve watched like 3 total innings over the past week so what do I know. 

On a more positive note. My 7 year old daughter watched Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man for the first time like 2 weeks ago. And I’ve officially sat down and have watched it 8,436 times since. I’m not even mad about it. I’ll watch that all day over the donkey crap we got going on with this team. 

• Like 1

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!