The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Juan Yepez is turning himself in to a nice little prospect for us. 

11 extra base hits in 77 at bats. Only a 14.2% strikeout rate. Just recently turned 20 years old. 

Our lower minors has quite a few intriguing bats. Yepez, Elehuris Montero, Jonatan Machado (who’s super young and moving up 2 leagues, so a struggle this year shouldn’t be all that surprising), Julio Rodriguez in Peoria....then you got Evan Mendoza (who continues to be probably my favorite pick from last year) and Dylan Carlson at Palm Beach (High-A) its an aggressive assignment for Carlson so he may struggle but I’m anxious to see how he handles himself. 

20 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Juan Yepez is turning himself in to a nice little prospect for us. 

11 extra base hits in 77 at bats. Only a 14.2% strikeout rate. Just recently turned 20 years old. 

Our lower minors has quite a few intriguing bats. Yepez, Elehuris Montero, Jonatan Machado (who’s super young and moving up 2 leagues, so a struggle this year shouldn’t be all that surprising), Julio Rodriguez in Peoria....then you got Evan Mendoza (who continues to be probably my favorite pick from last year) and Dylan Carlson at Palm Beach (High-A) its an aggressive assignment for Carlson so he may struggle but I’m anxious to see how he handles himself. 

And most thought that trade was a throw away, just to move Matt Adams. 

I agree with you on Mendoza, he was my favorite pick last year as well. I think he can develop into an everyday 3B. He's very good defensively and the bat is developing. Never going to be a 25+ HR guy, but he'll hit for a better average and does show pop. He might be my favorite corner INF prospect in our system.

58 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I agree with you on Mendoza, he was my favorite pick last year as well. I think he can develop into an everyday 3B. He's very good defensively and the bat is developing. Never going to be a 25+ HR guy, but he'll hit for a better average and does show pop. He might be my favorite corner INF prospect in our system.

You guys think Mendoza can make it to Springfield by the end of the year?

19 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Cardinals are the best team in baseball with infield defense. +11 in defensive runs saved, and that's with a -2 from Jose Martinez at 1B.

The oquendo effect is real.

Pauly D has impressed me defensively. He's been really good all around this year.