The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

40 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

O’Neil getting promoted from AAA. 

Wonder who’s getting sent down, gotta be either Holland to get more work in or Pham to DL. 

Holland would seem to make sense right now, but I don't think they can send him down.  I heard Mark Saxon on The Bernie Show this morning say that there was a clause in his contract that allowed for an option, but that he had to spend only 10 days in the minors and then be called up. 

I hope it's not Pham.  That would make sense from a position standpoint, but would contradict Trezza's source.  I guess we'll see...

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

O’Neil getting promoted from AAA. 

Wonder who’s getting sent down, gotta be either Holland to get more work in or Pham to DL. 

Im excited to see him out there. He can rake, and I have a feeling that once we get to see him, people wont want to have him traded. Hes just that type of gravitational player

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

O'Neil really makes me not want to have Fowler on the team. 

I'm definitely intrigued by O'Neill and the power potential he has. He's the 1st legit 30+ HR potential guy we've groomedin a while.

With that being said, he's still got his flaws. Most seem to think he'll be 'low average' and high K rate hitter.

I'm curious to see what he can do. I pray he's not Matt Adams 2.0...

The O’s are terrible, they have to trade Machado don’t they? What would you guys be willing to give up for him? I think The Os are playing this wrong and aren’t going to get what they could of gotten for him in the offseason (and I’ll admit, I’m not to familiar as to why he wasn’t traded, was it on Machado or the front office?) 

imagine that line up though....

1. Matt Carpenter 2B 

2. Tommy Pham CF 

3. Manny Machado SS 

4. Marcell Ozuna RF 

5. Jose Martinez 1B 

6. Paul DeJong 3B 

7. Dexter Fowler LF 

8. Yadier Molina C 

- And yes, I highly Doubt they’d ever put Fowler in the 7th spot, and yes I’m on board with trading Fowler and giving either O’Neil or Garcia a shot.....and sorry on my phone, don’t know how to single space. 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm definitely intrigued by O'Neill and the power potential he has. He's the 1st legit 30+ HR potential guy we've groomedin a while.

With that being said, he's still got his flaws. Most seem to think he'll be 'low average' and high K rate hitter.

I'm curious to see what he can do. I pray he's not Matt Adams 2.0...

Did we really groom him?  I mean, he was a near MLB-ready prospect when we acquired him from Seattle.  Still have no idea why Seattle made that deal.