The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

23 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

In prospect news, Cards 2nd round pick this year Luken Baker has been promoted to Peoria. 

Probably should have started the year with State College, not GCL Cardinals or whatever assignment they had.

15 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Can we trade Ozuna for Yelich straight up? 

Seriously, what a disappointment he's been both in field and with the bat.

Worst part is it's not just a statistical anamoly, his advanced metric stats (batting) are near or at his 2017 levels, yet he's not producing. It's looking more and more like his huge 2017 was an outlier and he's reverted back to his career norms prior. If that's the case, he's basically a league average player...

If we don't see some massive sustained uptick in production I'd explore moving him and keeping Jose Martinez for LF. At least his bat plays there...

22 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Seriously, what a disappointment he's been both in field and with the bat.

Worst part is it's not just a statistical anamoly, his advanced metric stats (batting) are near or at his 2017 levels, yet he's not producing. It's looking more and more like his huge 2017 was an outlier and he's reverted back to his career norms prior. If that's the case, he's basically a league average player...

If we don't see some massive sustained uptick in production I'd explore moving him and keeping Jose Martinez for LF. At least his bat plays there...

Tyler O’Neil needs to play. 

22 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

You are delusional. And I guess the entire month of June never happened for you guys?

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So he’s had 1 good month, does that mean he hasn’t had a bad season? 

Yes he has been disappointing this year, but he was also among the best hitters in baseball for a month and not a single peep from anyone about it. Now he is slumping again and we're advocating for Jose Martinez over him for the long term? Its a typical BFIB response, and its a terrible take. 

This team has been garbage all year and we are a faux .500 team right now. There are alot of things that should be done with this team, but picking Jose Martinez as a long term solution in the OF is not one of them.

It seems players who switch teams and have massive expectations rarely do well in their first year. I'd bet Ozuna picks it up in August and he'll be just fine next year. This team has been a dumpster fire this year. I can't really blame him for not setting the world on fire. 

39 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yes he has been disappointing this year, but he was also among the best hitters in baseball for a month and not a single peep from anyone about it. Now he is slumping again and we're advocating for Jose Martinez over him for the long term? Its a typical BFIB response, and its a terrible take. 

This team has been garbage all year and we are a faux .500 team right now. There are alot of things that should be done with this team, but picking Jose Martinez as a long term solution in the OF is not one of them.

Don’t think anyone was suggesting that Jose Martinez was a long term solution, but it doesn’t look like Ozuna is either.