The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Tyler O’Neil went 1/2 with his 26th homer on the year. Has anyone checked out Tyler O’Neil’s walk-rate? In May-April he was posting a walk-rate of around 2-3% but in the last 2 months he’s increased that by nearly 20%. 

And Adolis with another Homer tonight, his 4th in 2 nights. Had a monster 3 homer game last night. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not opposed to it. Just seems strange. Maybe this will be another buy and sell year.

I'm not even sure I want to know the price.  Given the down season he's having, he's probably going to not be worth what the Rays would want.  I wouldn't deal Flaherty for him, but I might consider Weaver for him.  Don't know if the Rays would do a deal based around Jordan Hicks.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not even sure I want to know the price.  Given the down season he's having, he's probably going to not be worth what the Rays would want.  I wouldn't deal Flaherty for him, but I might consider Weaver for him.  Don't know if the Rays would do a deal based around Jordan Hicks.

I'd move Weaver in a heartbeat. I think he's destined to be a fringe starter/above average bullpen guy. 

We also shipped Voit out to the Yankees for two lotto bullpen guys. Pretty meh move but I don't think Voit had much of a future here. He's a 1B only guy,  blocked by Jose Martinez and Carpenter, and we have much better hitting prospects coming up behind him.

Edited by MOSteelers56

On 7/28/2018 at 12:04 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Tyler O’Neil went 1/2 with his 26th homer on the year. Has anyone checked out Tyler O’Neil’s walk-rate? In May-April he was posting a walk-rate of around 2-3% but in the last 2 months he’s increased that by nearly 20%. 

And Adolis with another Homer tonight, his 4th in 2 nights. Had a monster 3 homer game last night. 

He should be up here and playing everyday... 

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We also shipped Voit out to the Yankees for two lotto bullpen guys. Pretty meh move but I don't think Voit had much of a future here. He's a 1B only guy,  blocked by Jose Martinez and Carpenter, and we have much better hitting prospects coming up behind him.

Not sure there's much there.  Seems the one guy should be relegated to LOOGY status, the other seems like a potential 7th inning guy.  Given what we gave up, I've got no issues with this.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Red Sox and Rockies are pursuing Bud Norris from us. Good chance he is dealt.

I'd expect similair package as BJ's (lol) got for Seung-wan Oh...

I'm not holding my breath.  It seems like the Cardinals for the past few years seem to get "close" to a deal, but then find the package to be too much.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not holding my breath.  It seems like the Cardinals for the past few years seem to get "close" to a deal, but then find the package to be too much.

Except this would be Selling, whole different ball game than us almost getting a guy