The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

9 game stretch VS the Marlins, the Reds and the Padres; Three of the worst teams in the NL (only the Mets are wose than SD) and we go 4-5? That is just terrible, that can not happen, and unfortunately there isnt just one magic bullet to fire to fix this team.

16 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Guys, Joe Maddon is kind of a bad Manager now. 

I wish more teams would do what you're referring to as a bad move. Saves relievers.
I think in the future teams will get off this 5-man rotation norm, and start having a roster full of relievers that can play the matchups all game. It's cheap and really could be an effective way to attack a roster. Rotating pitchers into the field and then back on the mound would be a nice supplement to that approach. Rays are the pioneers of this movement, and I don't expect it to stop any time soon.

Edited by chris00cm

2 hours ago, chris00cm said:

I wish more teams would do what you're referring to as a bad move. Saves relievers.
I think in the future teams will get off this 5-man rotation norm, and start having a roster full of relievers that can play the matchups all game. It's cheap and really could be an effective way to attack a roster. Rotating pitchers into the field and then back on the mound would be a nice supplement to that approach. Rays are the pioneers of this movement, and I don't expect it to stop any time soon.

I’m more talking about him hitting La Stella 3rd yesterday lol 

3 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Just to drive this point further across, here are the Rays pitching numbers in the last month.

Not too shabby.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?