The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

2 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I dont Think I’d go that far, but Ozuna has been pretty terrible thus far. 

You have an odd definition of "terrible" especially with what we have seen from others on the roster this year

Has Ozuna been disappointing? Sure, everyone would agree with that. But he has been far from terrible.

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You have an odd definition of "terrible" especially with what we have seen from others on the roster this year

Has Ozuna been disappointing? Sure, everyone would agree with that. But he has been far from terrible.

You’re right.. We traded for a middle of the order power bat and we’re getting a guy who’s producing at a Stephen Piscotty level. My bad. 

19 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

You’re right.. We traded for a middle of the order power bat and we’re getting a guy who’s producing at a Stephen Piscotty level. My bad. 

Again... disappointment versus terrible /complete bust

those aren’t even the same thing

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Again... disappointment versus terrible /complete bust

those aren’t even the same thing

I mean, you two are arguing over semantics at this point.  No matter which way you slice it, this wasn't the player we anticipated when we acquired him.  He's hitting with absolutely ZERO power this year.  His ISO is almost one hundred points lower than his career average, and over 150 points lower than last year.  It seems his exit velocity is actually slightly higher than last year.  I've got no legitimate idea why he's hitting with absolutely ZERO power this year.

5 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Labor Day weekend, I'm strongly considering a 1-day trip to StL.

I've always wanted to visit the Arch and go to a Cards game. I might fly in that Sunday morning and fly out that evening. 

Cards fans in here may disagree, but I think going up in the arch is somewhat overrated. Definitely worth walking around the area though.

If you want a food recommendation, I'd go to the hill and get some italian. Went here a few years ago and it was one of the best meals I've ever had - http://www.giovannisonthehill.com/

32 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You know I don’t  normally do it but I’m going to this time

I told you so, and all you can eat your crow as Ozuna starts his summer tear

He can be Mike Trout the rest of the way for all I care  Doesn’t change the fact that he was garbage for the first 2 months...which is what the entire argument was. 

So, no. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?