The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Draft tonight!! 

Since the Rams left St. Louis it seems like every year I get Less and less interested with the NFL Draft and more interested with the MLB one. 

Since Randy Flores took over the Cardinals have definitely taken more risk in the draft. Ethan Hankins and Seth Beer are two guys that I really Want us to draft. 

Most things I read seem to have us linked to 3 players, all college arms...

1. Jackson  Kowar 

2. Logan Gilbert 

3. Ryan Rolison 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Draft tonight!! 

Since the Rams left St. Louis it seems like every year I get Less and less interested with the NFL Draft and more interested with the MLB one. 

Since Randy Flores took over the Cardinals have definitely taken more risk in the draft. Ethan Hankins and Seth Beer are two guys that I really Want us to draft. 

1. Jackson  Kowar 

2. Logan Gilbert 

3. Ryan Rolison 

Who are some of the hitters you like? I like the idea of drafting hitters this year. We've got loads of young arms, lets get some guys who can rake. Easier said than done, obvi.

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Draft tonight!! 

1. Jackson  Kowar 

2. Logan Gilbert 

3. Ryan Rolison 

I always wished I could get into the MLB draft more, but the lack of resources kills it for me.  Almost all of what you're getting is second hand.  And most of the good guys who have covered the draft are getting plucked up by major league teams.  From what I've seen, I don't want anything to do with Rolison.  Seems like Austin Gomber all over again.  Kowar seems interesting from what I've skimmed, and Gilbert seems like the normal Cardinals' pick.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I always wished I could get into the MLB draft more, but the lack of resources kills it for me.  Almost all of what you're getting is second hand.  And most of the good guys who have covered the draft are getting plucked up by major league teams.  From what I've seen, I don't want anything to do with Rolison.  Seems like Austin Gomber all over again.  Kowar seems interesting from what I've skimmed, and Gilbert seems like the normal Cardinals' pick.

Hey, Gomber is gonna be good. 

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Who are some of the hitters you like? I like the idea of drafting hitters this year. We've got loads of young arms, lets get some guys who can rake. Easier said than done, obvi.

Honestly haven’t spent to much time looking at hitters just cuz i expect the Cards to take a pitcher. But some of the guys I do Like... 

1. Xavier Edwards SS 

2. Parker Meadows OF 

3. Seth Beer 1B 

4. Anthony Seigler C 

5. Connor Scott OF 

• Like 1

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?