The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No doubt.  But it only takes one team to throw a crazy offer at them.  Remember when the A's sent Addison Russell to the Cubs for Shark?  I'm not sure what else I'd deal besides Jedd Gyorko for Manny Machado, but I don't really have any desire to deal any of my young arms (Reyes/Weaver/Flaherty/Hicks).  I'd probably be willing to give up Dakota Hudson.

That (Plus Martinez) could conceivably be your Starting Rotation for the next 5+ years. So moving one of them for a few months of Machado seems foolish. 

39 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Hope Reyes is ok. Think he will be, no way Matheny let’s him even throw 1 more pitch if there was an injury going on and they let Reyes finish that inning. 

Really need to get this team healthy again. 

Please tell me he didn't get hurt.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Please tell me he didn't get hurt.

Matheny, Maddux and team doctors went to check on him after he threw a FB at 91 mph in the 4th, but they let him finish the inning.

But they pulled him after at like 73 pitches. Like I said, don’t think they’d even allow him to throw 1 more pitch if they were concerned about anything. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?