The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

2 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Meh, I'm sure we could find someone to fill it for 2 months. Hudson, Flaherty, Lyons...Eiither way, it's a mute point because there's a 0% chance they package the two together. 

I really do hope they make a deal, I'm gonna be really disappointed if the deadline comes and goes and nothing happens.

10 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Lynn to Astros makes a ton of sense. Lunhow was running the drafts when we drafted him back in like 08. There's a few guys I wouldn't mind snagging from that system...

Yeah, I'd rather trade with the Astros.  If only we could get Franklin Perez...

2 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Does the Yankees trading for Jaime Garcia take them out of the Lance Lynn talks?

Probably.  They're supposedly in the mix for Sonny Gray still, which means they have 6 SP but Montgomery probably has an innings limit so they can shift him to the bullpen.

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if Lynn starts this game today. Mo was on the pregame, pretty much said they're waiting on the Sonny Gray deal to go down before they can do anything. 

I don't know why they didn't just push his start back to tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

One thing that Mo said that I guess was kind of interesting was that he expects Piscotty to be ready by Tuesday. So I took it as, he expects to have an open roster spot by then. 

I think the most likely scenario is that Rosie goes. 

Also, something I was thinking about was keeping Lynn and moving Waino to the pen. I think that solves some issues. I'm not sure how keen on that Waino would be. Smoltz did it.

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think the most likely scenario is that Rosie goes. 

Also, something I was thinking about was keeping Lynn and moving Waino to the pen. I think that solves some issues. I'm not sure how keen on that Waino would be. Smoltz did it.

Not a chance. 

20 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Think that goes as well over as the Molina situation did...