The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

Heyman is reporting that we’re going to trade both Monty and Jack. 

Even with all the reporting today/yesterday, I still hink it's a lock we trade Monty, Flaherty and Stratton. I think it remains highly likely we move Hicks and DeJong. Only other guy i think may be on the move that isn't technically a FA is Carlson if they find the right deal, but he too may be an offseason peice. 

56 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Even with all the reporting today/yesterday, I still hink it's a lock we trade Monty, Flaherty and Stratton. I think it remains highly likely we move Hicks and DeJong. Only other guy i think may be on the move that isn't technically a FA is Carlson if they find the right deal, but he too may be an offseason peice. 

Honestly, Im coming around to the idea of moving Helsley

I know hes been on the IL, but if its true that teams are paying for BP arms, and we are already having real issues in Arbitration, it might be time to cash in. Especially if he can help with either Jack/Monty getting a legitimate return instead of just some Farm Fodder

Honestly, in the next five days, the only person I’m trusting is Goold. He seems immune to caring about clicks and is just reporting what he can confirm. He won’t even speculate on the “likelihood” of each guy to move.

I’m 100% sure that the LAD have reached out about Arenado, they would be dumb not too with how bad we have been. And I’m sure someone in the LA media knows someone in Nolan’s camp and was told “I’m sure he would” waive his NTC for the Dodgers. But in that report, they made 2 claims; one was that LA/STL have “engaged in talks” about a trade, and B) that Nolan would waive his NTC “for the Dodgers and only the Dodgers”

That second claim was debunked by both Goold, and Nolan’s agent almost immediately. So that tells me all I need to know about the first claim…

Like I said, I’m sure the Dodgers asked, and we may have even said it would “cost you a ton… if we ever were to do it” because you should never completely shut down conversations, you can always learn something about the oppositions stance. But I highly doubt there was any substantial negotiations going on. Just like I’m sure we weren’t actually out there shopping Contreras, but those who inquired about Knizner, Mo probably gaged interest in Willson as well. As unhuman like as Mo often is, he may have even done it in a joking way?

Cashman: “Hey is Knizner available, our Catchers are dropping like flies”

Mo: “You sure you aren’t interested in Contreras? He can actually hit”

Cashman: “Are you serious?”

Mo: “Depends on what you’d give up for him. Everyone is available for a price”

Cashman: “We’ll take his contract off your hands, but that’s about it”

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'd probably put DeJong on that "lock" list as well.  If someone offers us anything of value, he's gone.

8 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know hes been on the IL, but if its true that teams are paying for BP arms, and we are already having real issues in Arbitration, it might be time to cash in. Especially if he can help with either Jack/Monty getting a legitimate return instead of just some Farm Fodder

Attach Hicks with Flaherty or Montgomery if it means getting a haul in return.  I don't think an injured Helsley significantly alters the trade value of Montgomery or Flaherty.

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Kill me now. 

There's 0% chance the Cardinals are trading Nolan Arenado.  The only way that'd make sense for St. Louis is if they were getting a young, cost-controlled impact starting pitcher and the Dodgers wouldn't do that.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There's 0% chance the Cardinals are trading Nolan Arenado.  The only way that'd make sense for St. Louis is if they were getting a young, cost-controlled impact starting pitcher and the Dodgers wouldn't do that.

Exactly, unless the Dodgers were trading us Walker Buehler, Max Muncy plus prospects we wouldv't even get down the road of discussions on Arenado.